Ignition 7.2 Beta Access

Update: Ignition 7.2 has been released. Grab it from the downloads page.

[del]Hello beta-testers! We’re now making the Ignition 7.2.0 beta available for anyone who’d like to try it out. This build includes the Mobile Module as well.

Here is a rough changelog of what makes 7.2 different
[ul][li]OPC-UA system re-tooled for better performance[/li]
[li]New Mobile Module[/li]
[li]Stage-and-Publish system for projects[/li]
[li]Totally re-worked clustering.[/li]
[li]Designer window-editing workspace completely re-worked.[/li]
[li]Search & replace[/li][/ul]

Please use this thread as beta feedback as well.[/del]

I love the smell of beta in the afternoon… Mmm

Race ya…

(I win)

So the first thing I do is create a new project.
Then I realize (cause this is a fresh install) that I’m missing my custom pallets.
Import them (after exporting them from 7.1.6) and try to use them and get errors like:

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.xmlserialization.SerializationException: Unexpected parsing error during deserialization.
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.xmlserialization.deserialization.XMLDeserializer._deserialize(XMLDeserializer.java:211)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.xmlserialization.deserialization.XMLDeserializer.readRootAttributes(XMLDeserializer.java:181)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.xmlserialization.deserialization.XMLDeserializer.readRootAttributes(XMLDeserializer.java:168)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.workspace.CopyPasteHandler.startPaste(CopyPasteHandler.java:153)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.palette.model.SerializedPaletteItem.createComponent(SerializedPaletteItem.java:39)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.palette.views.DefaultSerializedPaletteItemButton.actionPerformed(DefaultSerializedPaletteItemButton.java:66)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at com.jidesoft.plaf.basic.BasicJideButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Error: null deserialization handler for element ‘java’
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.xmlserialization.deserialization.XMLDeserializer$Parser.startElement(XMLDeserializer.java:554)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDriver.scanRootElementHook(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.xmlserialization.deserialization.XMLDeserializer._deserialize(XMLDeserializer.java:201)
… 34 more

Ignition v7.2.0-beta1 (b6249)
Java: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_22

and warnings that say:
Data in clipboard in not a window or components

Palette file attached
one_line.fpal (87.5 KB)

Hi,

What a great new that beta stage of Ignition ! Just started to explore…

Just a remark. Uninstall and remove the Ignition directory otherwise you’ll have a faulted context…

Thanks

Tried two different iPhones, scrolling/zooming doesn’t work.
clicking buttons does

I backed up a 7.1.6 gateway and restored it to 7.1.8

+1 on the scrolling/zooming.

Playing with the publish feature, I noticed that you can enter a commit message. Where can you view these messages?

I also noticed an Update Project menu item. I take it this is for when there are multiple designers open and making changes?

Feature Request:

I like the tabbed window editor. Can I float the panes like I can with the other panels?
I have multi big monitors. I’d like to be able to place edit windows beside each other/on different screens/etc

Palettes: I have a feeling this has nothing to do with 7.2, but I’ll get to this later this week
Zooming: You need to switch it to zoom/pan mode. Press-and-hold and hit the “hand” button.
Update Project: This has been there all along. And yes, it grabs changes made from concurrent designers.
Commit messages: view the commit log in the gateway in the configure / projects section.
Floated editing spaces: Good idea. We are feature-frozen for 7.2.0 but we’ll keep it in mind.

For anyone wondering, w/ an iphone/ipod safari is around
320x356 in portrait mode. 400x208 in landscape.(Worst case, the url bar seems to disappear sometimes, more room then)

By saving the app to the home screen and re-launching it from there you get to use it in full-screen mode.

I’ve installed 7.2 on a virtual machine and configured a basic project, but when I try to launch the mobile link (either on the server, another PC on the network or an android phone) I get the following error:java.lang.Exception: Timeout waiting for new VM.

Would it be possible to get a list of the various error codes? For example “Error 200” - Restart, I’d love to know what that means I did wrong :slight_smile:

and on a related note, how often does each client ‘cleanup’ unused memory? I notice that the memory usage of a given java session(mobile) seems to creep up pretty quickly.

I added more guides but unclear on how to delete them. Why does the entire screen shift when trying to reposition a component? Also, components like the timer, signal generator, sound player does not show up on the screen.

[quote=“AlThePal”]…Timeout waiting for new VM.[/quote]You need to check you gateway logs. Maybe “java” isn’t on your path. The logs probably have a message like: [tt]Java path appears to be invalid, mobile VMs will not be able to be created.[/tt] with a reason next to it.

[quote=“Dravik”]Error 200[/quote]I’m looking into this one. I’ve seen it, but can’t pin it down. Do you see it repeatedly? Is it the result of something specific?

[quote=“Dravik”]how often does each client ‘cleanup’ unused memory?[/quote]Well, its up to the VM. They should act like normal client VMs, is this not the case?

[quote=“Joseph Mendonca”]I added more guides but unclear on how to delete them. Why does the entire screen shift when trying to reposition a component? Also, components like the timer, signal generator, sound player does not show up on the screen.[/quote]Guides: Drag them off the screen or right-click on them and choose “Remove Guide”.
Screen shift: This has been fixed - verify in next release
Timers, etc not showing up: Thanks, fixed this also

Seems to, was just curious.(Memory Cleanup)

The error 200 happened when I was switching windows. Haven’t gotten it to do it again though.

Hi,
some points I’ve encoutered :

• when launching mobile client, the status on the gateway page indicate a localhost (127.0.0.1) ip
  • maybe a “save staged” is missing in the file menu of Designer
  • search&replace bug when selecting a new line in the result tab
  • I prefer the menu bar as seen in this thread irdesktop.com/ on iphone and like the way its handle touchscreen (with rdp), maybe a way to go

Anyway, really awesome job. Tested on Iphone 3GS and 4, Galaxy S and Galaxy Tab. Waiting to test with Ipad…

Hi,

How do you realize a screen like the the one we can see in the Mobile Module demo (webinar at 12:44) ?