Device: "Disconnected - Browse Pending" weird lockup

Hello gurus,

Ignition version: 7.6.6

This morning one of my devices a ControlLogix PLC stopped updating its tags. I first noticed this in the designer as the tags had the red exclamation mark next to them. When viewing tag diagnostics it had a “Config Error”.

I then logged into the server webpage and checked the status of the device under “OPC UA” to which the message for that device was “Disconnected - Browse Pending”.

I then went to the configure tab entered the “Devices” page under “OPC-UA” and tried the “Refresh Browse” This did not fix the issue.

I eventually went to modules under the configure tab and restarted the OPC-UA module. This fixed the problem.

I then checked the time that the tags stopped reading and it coincided with some PLC code edits I did around that time, nothing out of the ordinary.

I then looked at the diagnostics log and found thousands of logs with the same time stamp:

“(I) 6:38:57 AM ControlLogixDriver[SR1] [SR1] Starting browse again because edit number change was detected during last browse.”

And the errors preceding the thousands of errors above:

(I) 6:38:57 AM ControlLogixDriver[SR1] [SR1] Starting browse again because edit number change was detected during last browse.
[WARN] 6:38:57 AM ControlLogixDriver[SR1] [SR1] Browse unsuccessfully.
[WARN] 6:38:57 AM ABControlLogixBrowseRequest [SR1] Browse request failed because fail type is other than TIMEOUT, type = DISCONNECTED.
(I) 6:38:57 AM ABControlLogixBrowseRequest [SR1] Browse request failed because fail type is other than TIMEOUT, type = DISCONNECTED.
[WARN] 6:38:57 AM ABControlLogixTransportPool [SR1] Reseting CIP connection for transaction ID of 17381
[WARN] 6:38:57 AM ABControlLogixTransportPool [SR1] Reseting CIP connection for transaction ID of 17380
[WARN] 6:38:57 AM TimeoutDaemon [ABControlLogixProcessorStatusRequest] request with key “17380” failed due to timeout.
(I) 6:38:49 AM ControlLogixDriver[SR1] [SR1] Processor edit number changed from 41217 to 41729.
(I) 6:38:48 AM ControlLogixDriver[SR1] [SR1] Processor edit number changed from 40193 to 41217.
(I) 6:38:01 AM ControlLogixDriver[SR1] [SR1] Updating tagManager with edit version 40193 with 5845 tags
(I) 6:38:01 AM ABControlLogixBrowseRequest [SR1] Creating browse request using LOW priority.
(I) 6:38:01 AM ControlLogixDriver[SR1] [SR1] Starting browse again because edit number change was detected during last browse.

Any idea why this might happen? I must of made 50-100 PLC edits since ignition went in and this is the first time I’ve seen this.

regards

Mat Kent.

We recently observed the same bug, with a ControlLogix too, where after code edit in the PLC the connection status in Ignition (version 7.6.6) stays “Disconnected - Browse Pending”.

It may be a coincidence but we never observed this bug with previous versions of Ignition.

[quote=“Javachon”]We recently observed the same bug, with a ControlLogix too, where after code edit in the PLC the connection status in Ignition (version 7.6.6) stays “Disconnected - Browse Pending”.

It may be a coincidence but we never observed this bug with previous versions of Ignition.[/quote]

This is why it is best to disable the automatic browsing in the device configuration. Then only manually refresh after adding , deleting or modifying tags.

matkent - this can happen when edits are constantly made / downloaded to the PLC; the driver will rebrowse when it detects changes. Automatic Browse should be disabled if / for the time you are making multiple repeated edits to the PLC program;

Javachon could you describe in greater detail exactly what you observed and under what circumstances?