Inductive Automation Careers
Inductive Automation is the fastest-growing industrial automation software company in the world. We are a dynamic group of engineers, builders, creative thinkers and problem solvers who share a passion for making the best software in the industry. We are a company of hard- working, enthusiastic, congenial, customer focused people, who work hard and play hard. The company recognizes the importance of a work/life balance and its commitment to that philosophy is seen throughout the organization.
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic attorney to join its legal team to provide legal support to all departments of the company, including negotiating and drafting customer master purchase and service agreements, licensing agreements, preparing domestic trademark filings, distributor agreements and related matters.
The attorney in this role will be a key contributor to a small, but growing, legal team. Reporting to the General Counsel, the successful candidate will provide a secondary level of support to all company departments. The attorney in this role will have the opportunity to partner with senior business leaders to assist in the ongoing development and implementation of the company’s worldwide expansion to become the “de facto” software solution in the automaton industry.
- Provide negotiation and drafting support of a myriad of contracts, including but not limited to, license agreements, master purchase and service agreements, strategic partner agreements and distributor agreements
- File domestic federal trademark applications and handle process through registration
- Work with outside counsel of various matters requiring specific counsel expertise
- Identify and assess legal and business risks of current commercial operations and processes
- Collaborate with various business executives and legal colleagues to develop process improvements, templates and operational policies
- Advise management regarding various legal issues, including risk mitigation
- Provide legal advice and support on privacy and regulatory issues, including GDPR and CCPA
- Advanced university degree in law (e. g. JD or LLB)
- Member in good standing of the California State Bar
- Approximately 5-10 years applicable legal experience at a law firm or in-house position
- Significant experience in legal issues regularly experienced by software companies
- Experience in automation software and/or international law a plus
- Significant experience in software licensing and related issues
- Significant experience in technology law and contract law; some understanding of antitrust law; some understanding of international IP laws and treaties a plus
- Advanced leadership skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the software industry, the industrial automation industry in particular, is a huge plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and persuasively
- Ability to successfully interact with a wide variety of clients, business partners and co-workers
- Ability to document transactions in clear, well-organized and effective agreements
- Sense of humor and the ability to develop friendly and collaborative relationships
- Outstanding writing skills that allow you to communicate complicated and sophisticated concepts clearly and concisely
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin,
sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual
with a disability.
Verification of US employment eligibility required