Inductive Automation, the leader in cutting-edge software for the industrial sector and beyond, is looking to add talented people to our rapidly growing team!
We are a unique, innovative, and fun company with a strong mission: to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles. We have a huge passion for our product and our customers; no matter what role you might play in the company, you can sense that there is something special about what we do and who we are.
The Desktop Administrator specializes in installing, configuring and maintaining Windows/macOS workstations and Windows servers. This role encompasses back-end IT support for business-critical and development related work and is responsible for configuring user access and maintaining system stability and security, supporting day to day system performance that focuses on preventing data loss and unauthorized access.
- Provide an exceptional customer service experience
- Create, deploy and maintain the Windows and macOS baselines used throughout the enterprise
- Create documentation of the processes and procedures related to maintaining a working and secure endpoint fleet
- Maintain and enforce an aggressive patching cycle for all endpoints
- Train the IT Support Specialists in Windows/macOS related features, functions and security processes
- Create Windows servers as required
- Monitor the system performance of Windows servers and workstations to ensure slowdowns are handled quickly
- Ensure the Active Directory is secure, following best practices
- Ensure user access, rights and permissions to files on the various systems are correct and align with divisional and company needs and requirements
- Ensure licensing of Microsoft products and others is up to date
- Manage user accounts and licenses of various SaaS products
- Available in cases of emergencies
- 4-6 years of experience as a Desktop Support/Help Desk/Network technician
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service
- Broad technical background that enables fast learning
- Willingness to study and keep up on technology
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly curious about how things work
- Supervisory or management experience preferred
- Windows, macOS, and mobile device knowledge
- Knowledge of Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, and MDM technologies
- Powershell, Python or Bash scripting a plus
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.
Discover the Perks
It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan—medical, dental and vision.
Find Your Balance
We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that's why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Our kitchen is always fully stocked with water, coffee, tea, soda, and every flavor of La Croix you can imagine.
Try Food Trucks
Mix up your lunchtime routine when new food trucks stop by every week.
Start with Fresh Fruit Monday
Get a healthy start to your week by grabbing a piece of fruit in the cafe.
End with Snack Friday
We won’t send you into the weekend hungry, grab a snack in the cafe every Friday afternoon.
From standing desks to collaborative alcoves, find your ideal workspace.
Escape Your Workspace
Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard or foosball.
Every Spring you'll get a Golden Poppy Pass to explore the outdoors and discover 100+ destination parks.
Take in the View
Our new building is located on Lake Natoma in Folsom.
Go for a Ride
Grab an IA bike and hit the American River Parkway—it’s just a few feet from our backdoor.
Hit the Gym
Staying healthy is priority—that’s why we cover a portion of your membership to Life Time Fitness.