Inductive Automation Careers
IT Support Specialist
Do you have a passion for computers, software, and everything high-tech? We’re hiring! Local Software Company is looking for IT information technology inclined, creative, and highly motivated individuals to join our team.
The IT Specialist operates as the primary contact for Help Desk operations. You are responsible for the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards. This will include PC connectivity, printers, scanners, Wi-Fi, VoIP phones, Multifunction devices, and handling network troubleshooting. The position will include interaction with departments to resolve any IT related issues. It will include troubleshooting and improving our network infrastructure and the management & administration of it.
Additionally, you will work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems relating to both hardware and software. You will interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment. You will ensure computers connect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers and administrative systems. Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software. Other responsibilities include user setup of VoIP phone system, research of new IT related products, special research & development of IT related projects, maintenance of IT documentation and the development of IT procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage internal systems, including networking, email system, computer stations, and phone systems.
- Ensure secure access to the network.
- Manage office technological issues, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Research and implement new tools and systems for use by the departments of the company.
- Ensure smooth operation and secure access to all internal networks and systems.
- Provide department & employees with appropriate system solutions.
- Schedule and implement upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems.
- Responsible for company backups and test their validity.
- Provide emergency on-call IT support in the case of emergency.
- Knowledge in Information Systems or similar
- 2+ yrs experience in IT Information Technology
- General networking experience (routers, switches, subnets, vlan, etc)
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and OSX platforms
- Software industry work experience and telephone technical support experience
- Excellent phone, email, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear and structured manner and displays excellent listening and questioning skills. This includes excellent phone, email, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and answer incoming email, phone calls, and other communications in a timely manner
- A broad technical curiosity and proven technical understanding
Skills Not Required, But a Plus
- Awareness of Issue Tracking Software systems
- Experience using Web support tools such as GoToMeeting or WebEx
- Database skills, Web server, and IIS experience
- Knowledge of MS Office products, MS SQL Server and Active Directory a plus
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin,
sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual
with a disability.
Verification of US employment eligibility required