We are looking for a Senior Cloud Architect! The Senior Cloud Architect focuses on the planning, building and maintenance of Java/JVM microservices that deploy to the cloud using modern container-based orchestration technologies.
About UsWho are we?
Champions for industrial automation innovation, we create and deliver solutions that relieve pain points. Driven by a mission statement to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles, we enhance operations with sweet software and infuse integration with easy-peasy processes.
But it’s about more than customers. We celebrate and support our teams who develop the software and deliver solutions. We find that great work-life balance inspires teams to do their best work and empowers people to live their best lives. That's why diversity, fun, and flexibility are ingrained into our work culture.Why Choose Inductive Automation?
Inductive Automation is a remote-first company and will stay that way. People can make a difference anywhere. We provide meaningful work on both established and greenfield projects and leave the "where" part up to you.
Choose to work in our fantastic Folsom, CA headquarters and enjoy views and adventures of the adjacent nature reserve to energize and inspire you. Other in-person perks like food trucks, frequent social activities, ice cream days, and games keep us engaged.
Or, work from anywhere in the U.S. We provide quality equipment for home offices, and honor 40-hour work weeks mindful of your time zone. Professional development and virtual social activities are baked into the schedule to encourage personal growth and team connection.
About the Role
The Senior Cloud Architect’s job skills, qualifications, and responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Acting as a Subject Matter Expert in the designing and implementation of modern distributed and scalable JVM-based microservices
- Engaging with key stakeholders, internal and external, to understand user requirements and develop product solutions
- Performing code and test reviews and systems analysis to ensure maintainable high quality
- Collaborating with other development teams and team members to plan improvements, new products, features, and integrators
- Taking ownership of and accountability for the deliverables in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Identifying improvement opportunities including automation, process reengineering and workforce management
- Mentoring team members to share and instill best practices across the organization
- Minimum of 3+ years in a technical leading role designing, building, and supporting production high-availability microservices deployed in container-based environments
- Experience in data design and implementation of microservice-supporting persistence using relational, key: value, document-based, and/or time-series data storage systems such as Postgres, Mongo, Timescale, Redis, etc.
- Experience implementing and supporting SSO-based authorization mechanisms for distributed microservice resources
- Experience deploying services to one or more Cloud Platform providers such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Experience with service scalability and one or more orchestration tools such as: Kubernetes, AWS Elastic Container Service (ECS), AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), AWS Fargate, and one or more Cloud Data solutions
- Skilled in development using one or more Programming Languages including:
- Java, Kotlin, Scala or other JVM language (required)
- Experience with Java/JVM Frameworks and APIs such as:
- Servlets, Jetty, Javalin, Dropwizard, Vert.x, Quarkus, Micronaut, Spring/Spring Boot
- JDBC, Jooq, JDBI, Hibernate, or similar data/ORM tools
- Ideal candidates might also have:
- Experience playing an active role in developing and shipping SaaS products
- Experience developing and maintaining Docker/OCI images via Dockerfiles, Docker Compose, BuildX, Podman and/or similar container/orchestration tools
- Experience using:
- Apache Kafka
- 100% Covered Health Care: Don’t pay a dime for your medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Remote Flexibility: Work from home, in our beautiful office, or a combination of both. It’s up to you.
- Work/Life Balance: Create a work schedule that fits your needs.
- Paid Time Off: Receive paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
- 401k with Match: Save for the future with our company-matching 401k program
- World-Class Headquarters: While on-site, enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages, then challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard, or foosball
Benefits and Perks
At this time, we are unable to offer employment for individuals located outside of the United States and/or those who require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). We know you've got a lot of options when seeking an employer where your skills and talents will shine, so we really appreciate that you considered us.
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.
Discover the Perks
It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan—medical, dental and vision.
Find Your Balance
We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that's why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Our kitchen is always fully stocked with water, coffee, tea, soda, and every flavor of La Croix you can imagine.
Flex Your Time
Use flextime to make a schedule that fits your needs.
Start with Fresh Fruit Monday
Get a healthy start to your week by grabbing a piece of fruit in the cafe.
End with Snack Friday
We won’t send you into the weekend hungry, grab a snack in the cafe every Friday afternoon.
From standing desks to collaborative alcoves, find your ideal workspace.
Escape Your Workspace
Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard or foosball.
Every Spring you'll get a Golden Poppy Pass to explore the outdoors and discover 100+ destination parks.
Take in the View
Our new building is located on Lake Natoma in Folsom.
Go for a Ride
Grab an IA bike and hit the American River Parkway—it’s just a few feet from our backdoor.
Work from Home
Remote work is available for most of our open positions.