Seeking sorcerers to transform technical source code into fantastical front-end design and architecture for mobile and web applications.
Okay, we know you're not a wizard, but you use software engineer skills to make magic. That's why we hope you'll join our core product development team as a senior front-end developer rockin’ new development and rollin’ out regular maintenance for our flagship product, Ignition.
Wand not included. But we do provide plenty of perks and a fun work environment backed by bountiful benefits and flexible work schedules.
About Inductive Automation
Inductive Automation is an innovation company. We are champions for industrial automation software and we believe in building sensible solutions that provide value for our customers.
We’re a remote-flexible workforce of dynamic personalities who share a passion for technology. We’re on a mission to enhance industrial operations with sweet software and infuse workplaces with easy-peasy processes. In fact, our mission statement is to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles.
We also care greatly for our teams who develop and deliver those solutions, and we believe they deserve our full support. That's why diversity, fun, and open-mindedness are ingrained into our work culture. We find this work-life balance inspires teams to do their best work and empowers people to live their best lives.
If you are a front-end accessibility expert who’s been looking for a friendly team where creativity and collaboration are encouraged, new ideas are valued, and opportunities for development and growth abound, then you’ve found your opportunity!
About the Role
The Senior Front-End Web Developer's skills, qualifications, and responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Implementing complex web applications using modern front-end SPA techniques
- Working with the Software Engineering Division to help guide direction and design of future releases
- Implementing new features and changes with an eye for security, reliability, and performance
- Performing complex and precise troubleshooting to pinpoint root causes for issues identified by support and QA teams
- Participating in agile development process (SCRUM)
- Performing code reviews to help verify changes made by other developers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related study and 2+ years of on-job front end programming experience, OR 4+ years of on-job front end programming experience
- Strong web programming skills:
- HTML5 & CSS3
- Less / Sass
- Responsive layout
- User-interface design experience
- Object-oriented design experience
- Modern toolchain and source control familiarity (e.g., Git)
- Familiarity with agile methodologies (e.g., SCRUM)
Benefits and Perks
- 100% Covered Health Care: Don’t pay a dime for your medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Remote Flexibility: Work from home, in our beautiful office, or a combination of both. It’s up to you.
- Work/Life Balance: Create a work schedule that fits your needs.
- Paid Time Off: Receive paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
- 401k with Match: Save for the future with our company-matching 401k program
- World-Class Headquarters: While on-site, enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages, then challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard, or foosball
Published rates are based on Sacramento area; pay for remote positions is reviewed & established based on specific location.
Pay rates: (L3 125k - 144k) (L4 144k - 166k).
At this time, we are unable to offer employment for individuals located outside of the United States and/or those who require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). We know you've got a lot of options when seeking an employer where your skills and talents will shine, so we really appreciate that you considered us.
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.
Discover the Perks
It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan—medical, dental and vision.
Find Your Balance
We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that's why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Our kitchen is always fully stocked with water, coffee, tea, soda, and every flavor of La Croix you can imagine.
Flex Your Time
Use flextime to make a schedule that fits your needs.
Start with Fresh Fruit Monday
Get a healthy start to your week by grabbing a piece of fruit in the cafe.
End with Snack Friday
We won’t send you into the weekend hungry, grab a snack in the cafe every Friday afternoon.
From standing desks to collaborative alcoves, find your ideal workspace.
Escape Your Workspace
Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard or foosball.
Every Spring you'll get a Golden Poppy Pass to explore the outdoors and discover 100+ destination parks.
Take in the View
Our new building is located on Lake Natoma in Folsom.
Go for a Ride
Grab an IA bike and hit the American River Parkway—it’s just a few feet from our backdoor.
Work from Home
Remote work is available for most of our open positions.