Inductive Automation Careers
Senior Software Engineer
Do you have a passion for computers, software, and everything high-tech? We’re hiring! Fast-growing Software Company is looking for IT Information Technology inclined, creative, and highly motivated individuals to join our development team.
Come help develop the future of software used in industrial automation. In this position, you would join our core product development team. Together, we work to build our primary product, "Ignition". This position will have a hand in new feature development as well as product maintenance.
We are currently starting a major new project that will require both Java and front-end web programming skills. If you dream of working with a hands-on, tight-knit group of developers working every day to delight customers worldwide with a product they actually need, we look forward to talking to you.
- Work with software engineering team to help guide direction and design of future releases
- Implement new features and changes with an eye for security, reliability, and performance
- Help maintain software by fixing issues identified by support and QA teams
- Perform complex and precise troubleshooting to pinpoint root causes for reported issues
- Participate in agile development process (SCRUM)
- Perform code reviews to help verify changes made by other developers
- Follow Java and object-oriented design industry best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience
- Strong Java Standard Edition (Java SE) skills
- User-interface design experience
- Object-oriented design experience
- Modern toolchain and source control familiarity, e.g. Git/Hg
- Familiarity with agile methodologies, e.g. SCRUM
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
Skills Not Required, But a Plus
- Familiarity with Manufacturing industry
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin,
sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual
with a disability.
Verification of US employment eligibility required