Inductive Automation, the leader in cutting-edge software for the industrial sector and beyond, is looking to add talented people to our rapidly growing team!
We are a unique, innovative, and fun company with a strong mission: to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles. We have a huge passion for our product and our customers; no matter what role you might play in the company, you can sense that there is something special about what we do and who we are.
The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) works closely with the Software Engineering, Information Systems and Support divisions to research, design and implement systems and/or infrastructure. The SRE collaborates closely with developers to ensure designed solutions respond to non-functional requirements such as availability, performance, security, monitoring, incident response and maintainability. They also work with release engineers to ensure that the software delivery pipeline is as efficient as possible. The SRE is responsible for making sure that everything that goes into production complies with a set of general requirements like diagrams, dependencies of other services, monitoring and logging plans, backups and possible high availability setups.
- Management of the AWS Platform used by Inductive Automation
- Management of the underlying infrastructure that effectively supports Software Engineering, Information Systems and Software Support, this can include physical or virtual servers, software, etc.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining the alerting and monitoring systems of the company
- Works with and manages Incident Management tickets using the IT help desk ticketing system
- 5+ years of experience as a System Administrator or Software Engineer
- Must be highly competent with Linux/Unix
- Strong skills in virtualization and cloud technology (AWS)
- Experience with the use of config management systems (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, etc.)
- Strong scripting skills
- Knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Willingness to study and keep up on technology
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Committed team player
- Proven ability to perform difficult tasks well under pressure
- Experience working with containers is a plus
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.
Discover the Perks
It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan—medical, dental and vision.
Find Your Balance
We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that's why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Our kitchen is always fully stocked with water, coffee, tea, soda, and every flavor of La Croix you can imagine.
Try Food Trucks
Mix up your lunchtime routine when new food trucks stop by every week.
Start with Fresh Fruit Monday
Get a healthy start to your week by grabbing a piece of fruit in the cafe.
End with Snack Friday
We won’t send you into the weekend hungry, grab a snack in the cafe every Friday afternoon.
From standing desks to collaborative alcoves, find your ideal workspace.
Escape Your Workspace
Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard or foosball.
Every Spring you'll get a Golden Poppy Pass to explore the outdoors and discover 100+ destination parks.
Take in the View
Our new building is located on Lake Natoma in Folsom.
Go for a Ride
Grab an IA bike and hit the American River Parkway—it’s just a few feet from our backdoor.
Hit the Gym
Staying healthy is priority—that’s why we cover a portion of your membership to Life Time Fitness.