Inductive Automation Careers
Software Support Engineer
Inductive Automation, the leader in cutting-edge software for the industrial sector and beyond, is looking to add talented people to our rapidly growing team!
We are a unique, innovative, and fun company with a strong mission: to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles. We have a huge passion for our product and our customers; no matter what role you might play in the company, you can sense that there is something special about what we do and who we are.
Being a Software Support Engineer at Inductive Automation is like no other technical support position. You’ll be an active member of our Technical Staff, working with the product development team and members of every division, ensuring our customers have the best possible experience, being blown away by the product and the personal attention they receive.
You’ll be helping talented, technical people in a wide variety of industries, from around the world. Bug in the software? Don’t worry, you won’t be stuck making excuses to the customer, you’ll be working with the development team to get it fixed. The ideal candidate is someone energized by the possibilities offered through programming and also appreciates customer interaction. This is a strategic, challenging and fulfilling position that doesn’t require you to stare at code for hours on end.
- Assist customers with technical questions relating to Inductive Automation’s Ignition and peripheral software
- Utilize creative problem-solving skills to assist in technical troubleshooting and analysis for customer reported issues
- Manage and maintain incoming support tickets and phone calls from customers from receipt through resolution
- Understand Inductive Automation software and their applications & features
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar experience
- Familiar with Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and OSX Platforms
- Familiar with programming languages (Java, Python, .NET, similar)
- Familiar with SQL databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, similar)
- Experience with SQL languages
- General networking experience (routers, switches, subnets, vlan, etc…)
- A broad technical curiosity and proven technical understanding
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin,
sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual
with a disability.
Verification of US employment eligibility required