Inductive Automation, the leader in cutting-edge software for the industrial sector and beyond, is looking to add talented people to our rapidly growing team!
We are a unique, innovative, and fun company with a strong mission: to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles. We have a huge passion for our product and our customers; no matter what role you might play in the company, you can sense that there is something special about what we do and who we are.
We are looking for a Technical Writer who is passionate about creating crystal clear content that conveys complex concepts quickly and easily! The Technical Writer is responsible for creating original technical content for any written work product as needed by the company. They collaborate with our other divisions during planning, development, testing and distribution of all technical content, including: user manuals, training materials, etc.
- Create original technical content, taking abstract concepts and grounding them in relatable language that doesn’t lose its technical impact
- Work with all divisions to ensure established milestones for written content projects are met
- Understand the audience that will be using the content being produced, for example: end-users, system integrators, IA employees, etc.
- Communicate professionally and technically with Software Engineering and other internal subject matter experts
- Stay current with new technologies and practices in technical communications
- Combine internal sources with relevant external information to produce original content
- Improve readability by visually assessing and adjusting technical documents for style and format
- Understand Ignition user interfaces and recognize general terminology
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing or English with technical writing emphasis highly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years using successful technical writing skills
- Experience with technical editing
- Familiarity with modern web technologies and the ability to use and modify HTML documents and leverage CSS
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git)
- Experience with written content editing software: Word, Confluence, Framemaker
- Positive interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to complete Ignition Core Certification within a month of hire; preferably able to pass Gold Certification within six months of hire
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.
Discover the Perks
It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan—medical, dental and vision.
Find Your Balance
We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that's why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Our kitchen is always fully stocked with water, coffee, tea, soda, and every flavor of La Croix you can imagine.
Flex Your Time
Use flextime to make a schedule that fits your needs.
Start with Fresh Fruit Monday
Get a healthy start to your week by grabbing a piece of fruit in the cafe.
End with Snack Friday
We won’t send you into the weekend hungry, grab a snack in the cafe every Friday afternoon.
From standing desks to collaborative alcoves, find your ideal workspace.
Escape Your Workspace
Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard or foosball.
Every Spring you'll get a Golden Poppy Pass to explore the outdoors and discover 100+ destination parks.
Take in the View
Our new building is located on Lake Natoma in Folsom.
Go for a Ride
Grab an IA bike and hit the American River Parkway—it’s just a few feet from our backdoor.
Work from Home
Remote work is available for most of our open positions.