Effective Date: May 17, 2018
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or an application. These cookies are unique to your account or your browser. Each time you visit a website or application, your cookies will be retrieved from your web browser to remember your preferences and provide you with a more secure online experience.
How Long Will Cookies Remain on My Device?
Cookies are classified as being "session" or "persistent." Cookie duration is based on whether it is a session cookie or a persistent cookie:
- Session cookies only last for the browser session and will be deleted from your device once your browser is closed.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device even after the browser is closed and will expire after a specified time. Persistent cookies may be checked each time you visit the site where the cookie was generated, whether it is from our Sites or a third-party vendor. Additionally, duration of a cookie may be extended depending on how it is used.
Inductive Automation uses both persistent and session cookies. Cookies that we set and access are called first-party cookies. These cookies are created on domains or “Sites” operated by Inductive Automation. The cookies that we use are associated with your account and personal information, which enable us to provide you with customized products and services.
Some cookies may be placed on your devices by a party other than Inductive Automation. These are referred to as third-party cookies and are created and set by partners such as Marketo and Google Analytics. These cookies are not tied to your account, but are important for analytics and website optimization efforts which enable us to improve the user experience for our users.
Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- To enable certain functions of the Sites and Services
- To store your account preferences
- To improve the user experience and ensure security
- For pricing-quote requests and software downloads
- To gather analytics and marketing data
If you use services such as the IA Account, cookies allow us to display your information to you and help us customize your personal experience. These cookies are essential.
- Preferences, features, and services
- Performance and Analytics
We also have third-party vendors and partners that provide us with information about user interactions with their services. However, the use of those third-party cookies is subject to the service provider’s policies.
- Social Media
These cookies are used when you:
- Share information using social media
- Use the “like” button on our Sites
- Engage with our content on or through a social media site
The social network will record your activity, which may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
Similar Technologies That We Use
In addition to cookies, Inductive Automation also uses single-pixel gifs and web beacons. Single-pixel gifs and web beacons also known as “tags” are similar technologies to cookies, and like cookies, they help to provide an improved online experience.
Single-pixel gifs and web beacons are clear picture files that are used to keep track of a user’s navigation through a website or series of websites. They use third-party traffic monitoring and tracking services, such as analytics. Single-pixel gifs and web beacons can be used in combination with cookies to gain a better understanding of how users navigate a website.
More About Third-Party Cookies
Google Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
Google Adwords: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549116
Google Tag Manager: https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/use-policy/
Cookies and Privacy
More Ways to Manage Your Cookies
To manage your cookie settings, please visit your web browser’s help page:
Please note that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features or services we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences or download software, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Where to Find More Information About Cookies
You can learn more about cookies at the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about our cookie use or policy, you can contact Inductive Automation by using the Contact Us form or sending a letter to the mailing address listed below:
Attn: Cyber Security Risk Officer
90 Blue Ravine Road
Folsom, CA 95630
Updates to this Notice
This Cookies & Tracking policy may be updated from time to time. If we make any modifications or updates, we will notify you by revising the "effective starting" date at the top of this notice.