New Pricing

Hi everyone,

Hope I can clear up some things and explain some changes in the pricing.

Yes, the pricing changed. I wouldn’t expect this every year, but this year we did make quite a few adjustments, as you all noticed. We felt that the improvements to the Reporting module warranted an increase in the price. However, I would draw your attention to the fact that we dropped the price of the Vision module by more than the increase to the Reporting module. We also split the Tag Historian and SQL Bridge products in order to drop the entry point for a number of types of packages, allowing us to offer the new Foundation package at a sub $10k price point, a package with no limitations whatsoever. We also dropped the price of alarm notification module. We’ve decided to start charging for drivers in order to help fund development of more protocols, so make sure your new quotes don’t include drivers you aren’t going to be using. I hope this demonstrates that prices were adjusted, up and down, all around, this wasn’t a general price increase.

Also, I think you may have missed one of the major new changes: the price of redundancy dropped significantly. Redundant gateways are now priced at 50% of the primary gateway! This means that a Redundant Pro is less than Mission Critical Works was.

I think you may also be reacting to a change in how the pricing is presented. We used to list our package discounts on the pricing page. We’ve changed to simply listing everything in retail. So if you are used to seeing post-discount prices, the retail prices of course look a bit higher.

As for being outbid for large projects, I’m not sure what to think about this, it seems hard to believe. Perhaps you could share what kind of architecture you were talking about? I’d be curious to get some more context.