Design Like A Pro: Optimizing Your HMI58 min video / 1 minute read
About this Webinar
For operators, the Human-Machine Interface (HMI) provides a virtual window into the manufacturing process. The HMI should help operators keep their facilities running safely, securely, and efficiently, but HMI screens that convey too much information with too little context make it difficult for them to do their jobs.
In this webinar, an HMI/SCADA expert from Inductive Automation explains how to make your HMI into a better tool for the operator. With the tips and techniques you'll learn here, you can design an HMI that more effectively turns data into useful information and draws attention to the information that matters most.
What you will learn:
- How to reduce visual clutter and distractions
- How to display data in context so the operator can assess situations at a glance
- Using color, position, size, and isolation to emphasize important data
- Setting up a consistent hierarchy for navigation
- How to make HMIs more effective by using trends
- And more