Qualified integrators1 who may not have satisfactorily completed the free online Inductive University training course and Core certification status may still receive free technical support.
Qualified integrators1 who have one or more persons who have satisfactorily completed the free online Inductive University training course and have received their Inductive University credential for the latest software version may receive the Credentialed Integrator discount, free technical support, and may be listed as a Credentialed Integrator on the Inductive Automation website.
Qualified integrators1 who have one or more persons who have satisfactorily completed the Core certification course may receive the Certified Integrator discount2 and free technical support, and may be listed as a Certified Integrator on the Inductive Automation website.
The Requirements for Certification are as Follows:
Certification requires attending the Ignition Core course and the successful completion of the associated labwork. There is no additional fee for certification once enrolled in a course.
As new versions of Ignition are released and certifications reach their expiration date, Integrators are required to attend shorter certification update classes to keep their Ignition knowledge current.
Gold Level Certified Integrator
Qualified integrators1 who have one or more persons who have satisfactorily completed the Core and Gold certification courses may receive the Gold Integrator discount2 and free technical support, and may be listed as a Gold Certified Integrator on the Inductive Automation website.
The Requirements for Gold Level Certification are as Follows:
Certification requires attending an Advanced Ignition course and the successful completion of the associated labwork. There is no additional fee for certification once enrolled in a course. An Ignition Core Certification is a prerequisite.
As new versions of Ignition are released and certifications reach their expiration date, Integrators are required to attend shorter certification update classes to keep their Ignition knowledge current. Gold Certified Integrators are not required to attend separate update classes for Core and Gold Certification levels.
Premier Integrator Program
Qualified integrators1 who have one or more persons who have satisfactorily completed the free online Inductive University training course and the Core and Gold certification courses, who have demonstrated a high level of competency by completing numerous successful implementations and by having very satisfied customers, who are active on the forum, and who are enthusiastic about Inductive Automation software and are actively selling it, may receive the Premier Integrator discount2 and free technical support, and may be listed as a Premier Integrator on the Inductive Automation website. Premier Integrators may also qualify for sales engineering support, including: lunch-and-learn opportunities, unique one-on-one program consultation, technical demos, and pilot projects. Premier Integrators may be eligible to participate in co-marketing efforts with Inductive Automation.
Business-Practice Standards Required for Premier Integrators
Inductive Automation Premier Integrator status is a highly esteemed and sought-after level awarded only to integrators demonstrating a high level of commitment, professionalism, and competency using Ignition software. In return, Premier Integrators may be rewarded with marketing opportunities with Inductive Automation. Premier Integrators must be committed to our values and the four pillars our company is built on.
The Premier status is the elite of our Integrators and, as such, they have proven their Partnership with IA through their technical expertise, and their continued successful Ignition projects which include supporting their existing projects along with driving new projects regularly through their own channels.
The Inductive Automation website provides an Integrator Search page to encourage Ignition customers and prospects to select qualified integrators for projects. Integrators are listed in order of their Integrator Program status, with Premier Integrators listed first.
Premier Integrators must actively sell Ignition to end-users and work with Inductive Automation to promote and spread the use of Ignition software. Senior management at Premier Integrator companies must fully endorse and promulgate Ignition software throughout their company and enthusiastically promote it to their end-user base.
Premier Integrators must maintain effective communication with their respective account executives concerning end-users and marketing plans. They must also be willing to help Inductive Automation with case studies for the Integrator’s end-users.
Premier Integrators must consistently produce high-quality work using Ignition and must be able to identify numerous successful projects with very satisfied end-users. This requires in-depth knowledge of the software, earning the credentials in Inductive University, getting certified, and maintaining their certification in the latest version of Ignition.
The Premier Integrator’s priority is creating 100% satisfied end-users. This requires a commitment and follow through on regular follow up with end-users, keeping the end-user up-to-date on new Ignition releases, ensuring that end-users have Upgrade Protection, and working with Inductive Automation as needed to keep end-users’ Ignition implementations running smoothly.
A Premier Integrator upholds the best practices in supporting its customers, which include but are not limited to: keeping their licenses under Upgrade Protection for free upgrades, keeping customers informed of new features, supporting them directly and, when direct support isn’t possible, recommending support with Inductive Automation. This would also include making sure ample engineers are certified to support their Ignition customer base. Premier Integrators also maintain their account in good standing with the Inductive Automation Finance Department.
The guidelines below establish expectations and requirements of those who desire to be classified as Premier Integrators:
Below are the minimum sales requirements that will qualify a company for Premier approval.
- Volume of software sales - Minimum of $100,000 in overall sales, and minimum of $50,000 per year
- Quality of projects and satisfied customers
- New Ignition projects each year.
- Integrator should do due diligence by actively promoting support and upgrade protection for Ignition projects.
Certification/Quality of work
Below are the minimum requirements that will qualify the company for Premier approval.
- Create and share quality public Exchange resources. (1-2 at minimum)
- 2 or more engineers are experts in Ignition and are also Gold Certified in the current version of Ignition.
1 Example of successful Ignition projects.
- Technical solution story overview with specs, screenshots, etc (Linked Here)
- Sales Engineering best practice feedback session(s) and review. (Linked Here)
- Proven ability to successfully implement Ignition projects
- Track record of happy customers
Below are the various activities/items integrators can participate in that will qualify them for Premier in the “Community Participation” category for approval.
Premier Integrators are expected to be active in the Ignition community and work to co-market and promote Ignition through some of the following activities:
- Case Studies - Customer Success Stories
- External Case Study - Integrator leads case study creation and delivery.
- Guest IA Blog Post
- IA Podcast Interview
- IA Webinar Panelist
- ICC Participation (Attendance, Advisory Board, Community Speaker, Panelist, Discover Gallery, bringing customer to ICC)
- Events Speaker - Willingness to speak about Ignition Projects at Industry Events
- Co-Sponsor an Ignition Discovery Day
- Media Highlight - Willingness to speak with Editors about successes with Ignition projects.
- Website - Promotion of the Ignition platform on Integration company website (Integrator Badge, Graphics, etc)
- IA Forum Participation
Each Premier Integrator’s past year performance and adherence to the above guidelines will be reviewed annually to determine continued eligibility for Premier Integrator status. Violations of the above may result in revocation of Premier status at any time.
Inductive Automation certification applies only to Inductive Automation products. It excludes certification, for example, on MES products developed by Sepasoft. Strategic partners and third-party module developers may have their own certification programs and policies.
Certification per Physical Location
Integrators with more than one physical location will be granted certification on a per-location basis determined by the certification level of the persons working at each location. Certified persons may only have their name and certification level associated with one physical location at a time.
Any of the conditions listed below may result in the cancellation of an integrator’s status level and/or certification.
- Failing to maintain (per physical location) at least one person certified at the same level as the company certification level. Company certification will drop back to the level of the most highly certified person at the location. If no certified persons remain, the company's status will be lowered to “Registered” status.
- The misrepresentation of an integrator’s current status level and/or certification may result in the loss of their status or decertification.
- Inductive Automation integrators will exhibit professional conduct, courtesy, and decorum toward end-users, other integrators, and Inductive Automation personnel. Violations may result in the decertification of an individual or company and may further result in the loss of their “Registered” status.
- Projects that are poorly implemented by an integrator and result in customer dissatisfaction and which result in Inductive Automation’s direct involvement for resolution of the dissatisfaction may result in the cancellation of an individual or company certification and may further result in the loss of either party’s “Registered” status.
Integrator Program members must agree to abide by the Inductive Automation Brand Usage Policy. Violations may result in the decertification of an individual or company and may further result in the loss of either party’s “Registered” status.
Required Business-Practice Standards
Integrator Program members must follow a Code of Conduct that is required of every Inductive Automation Integrator as follows:
- Conducting oneself in all circumstances with honesty and diplomacy.
- Working effectively to resolve customer issues regarding Ignition and keeping Inductive Automation up to date on the status and eventual resolution of the problem.
- Treating Inductive Automation as a valued business partner rather than a competitor in the selling of software. For example, every Integrator is expected to respect a pre-existing business relationship between Inductive Automation and an end-user just as Inductive Automation will respect any previously established relationship between an integrator and an end-user. Notwithstanding the above, occasionally end-users demand a direct relationship with Inductive Automation. In this case, we ask that the Integrator work with both their customer and IA to best serve their customer’s needs and provide the best support for the customer.
Note 1 - Qualified Integrators: Qualified integrators are defined as companies in the business of control system integration and who are not end-users of the software.
Note 2 - Certified Integrator Discount: Certified Integrator Discount is a greater discount off the full list price. In order to qualify for this discount, you must submit a current copy of your state(s) resale certificate(s), your account must not be delinquent, and you must provide contact information for the end-user associated with the sale.