Qualified integrators1 who have not satisfactorily completed the free online Inductive University training course and the Core certification test may still receive free technical support, free certification tests, and be listed as a Registered integrator on the Inductive Automation website.
Qualified integrators1 who have one or more persons who have satisfactorily completed the free online Inductive University training course and the Core certification test for the latest software version may receive the Certified integrator discount2, receive free technical support, and be listed prominently as a Certified integrator on the Inductive Automation website.
The Requirements for Certification are as Follows:
Certification requires the successful completion of the Ignition Core Certification test. The Ignition Core Certification test is administered at a cost of $1,000; this fee is waived for members of the Inductive Automation Integrator Program. You must first earn the Ignition credential through the free Inductive University website to qualify for the Core Certification test.
We highly recommend attending our 5-Day Ignition Core training class before taking the test. The Ignition Core Certification is obtained at no cost for those who have attended a 5-Day Core training class taught by Inductive Automation on the most current version of Ignition. You will still need to finish the credentials in Inductive University that are not specifically covered in the training class as a prerequisite; what you cover in the class will be automatically updated in your Inductive University credentials, and we recommend completing this prior to the Core training class to get the most out of it.
As new versions of Ignition are released, Integrators are required to take the Core Certification Upgrade test to maintain their current certification status. Upgrade tests are free, providing you have kept up-to-date. Core Certification Upgrade tests only cover the changes or additions in that version update. If you fall too far behind, you may at any time purchase the full Ignition Core Certification test at any version.
Gold Level Certified Integrator
Qualified integrators1 who have one or more persons who have satisfactorily completed the free online Inductive University training course and the Core and Gold certification tests for the latest version of Ignition software may receive the Certified integrator discount2, receive free technical support, and be listed prominently as a Gold Certified integrator on the Inductive Automation website.
The Requirements for Gold Level Certification are as Follows:
Gold Certification requires the successful completion of the Ignition Advanced Gold test. The Ignition Gold Certification test is administered at a cost of $1,000; this fee is waived for members of the Inductive Automation Integrator Program. The Ignition Core Certification test for the latest version is a prerequisite. We highly recommend attending our 3-Day Ignition Advanced training class before taking the Gold Level test.
As new versions of Ignition are released, Integrators are required to take the Gold Certification Upgrade test to maintain their current certification status. Upgrade tests are free, providing you have kept up to date. Gold Certification Upgrade tests, only cover the changes or additions in that version update. If you fall too far behind, you may at any time purchase the full Ignition Gold Certification test for any version.
You are not required to take the Core update test if you take the Gold update test.
Premier Integrator Program
Qualified integrators1 who have one or more persons who have satisfactorily completed the free online Inductive University training course and the Core and Gold certification tests for the latest version of Ignition software, who have demonstrated a high level of competency by completing numerous successful implementations and by having very satisfied customers, who are active on the forum, and who are enthusiastic about Inductive Automation software and are actively selling it, may receive the Certified integrator discount2, receive free technical support, and be listed very prominently as a Premier integrator on the Inductive Automation website. Premier Integrators also qualify for sales engineering support, including: lunch-and-learn opportunities, unique one-on-one program consultation, technical demos, and pilot projects. Premier integrators are eligible to participate in co-marketing efforts with Inductive Automation. As they are committed to Ignition and getting all of their engineers certified with Ignition, they will also get the Core Certification tests for additional engineers at no cost.
Business-Practice Standards Required for Premier Integrators
Inductive Automation Premier Integrator status is a highly esteemed and sought-after level awarded only to integrators demonstrating a high level of commitment, professionalism, and competency using Ignition software. In return, Premier Integrators may be rewarded with valuable leads and co-marketing opportunities with Inductive Automation. Premier Integrators must be committed to our values and the four pillars our company is built on.
The guidelines below establish expectations and requirements of those who desire to be classified as “Premier Integrators:
- Premier Integrators must consistently produce high quality work using Ignition and must be able to identify numerous successful projects with very satisfied end users. This requires in-depth knowledge of the software, earning the credentials in Inductive University, getting certified, and maintaining their certification in the latest version of Ignition.
- Premier Integrators must actively sell Ignition to end-users and work with Inductive Automation to promote and spread the use of Ignition software.
- Premier Integrators must maintain effective communication with their respective account executives concerning end-users and marketing plans.
- Senior management at Premier Integrator companies must fully endorse and promulgate Ignition software throughout their company and enthusiastically promote it to their end-user base.
- The Premier Integrator’s priority is creating 100% satisfied end-users. This requires a commitment and follow through on regular follow up with end-users, keeping the end-user up-to-date on new Ignition releases, ensuring that end users have Upgrade Protection, and working with Inductive Automation as needed to keep end-user’s Ignition implementations running smoothly.
- The Premier Integrator must be willing to help Inductive Automation with case studies for the Integrator’s end-users.
- The Premier Integrator must always bid Ignition as an alternative when asked to bid a project.
Each Premier Integrator’s past year performance and adherence to the above guidelines will be reviewed annually to determine continued eligibility for Premier integrator status. Violations of the above may result in revocation of Premier status at any time.
Enterprise Integrator Program
Global enterprises with multiple facilities spanning the globe often require 1) a direct relationship with software vendors and 2) software integrators capable of executing large projects at many facilities simultaneously. Experience has shown that the inability to deliver on either of the above is detrimental to servicing our Enterprise customers. The Enterprise Integrator program has been established to remedy this situation. Qualified Enterprise Integrators make their margins on services, not on reselling software or any other means of compensation derived from the software sale.
The Enterprise Integrator program is intended to coexist and complement, not compete with, our other integrator or OEM programs. The program is intended only to fill a role which cannot be filled by our regional system integrators.
Enterprise Integrators are defined as very large integrators (250+ engineers) with a global presence and a reputation for executing large corporate initiatives across multiple sites simultaneously. Such integration firms tend to have long-term relationships with their clients.
The requirements to qualify as an Enterprise Integrator are as follows:
- Must be a global software integration company capable of executing simultaneous large scale projects anywhere across the globe, in multiple languages.
- Employ 250+ engineers, a large number of which are certified at the latest version of Ignition. Must continuously strive to increase the number of certified engineers and have up-to-date Advanced Ignition certifications.
- Ongoing evidence of commitment to Inductive Automation and the Ignition Platform from the top of the organization down through the ranks.
- Must agree to direct software sales and support relationship between Inductive Automation and Enterprise end users with no commissions paid or resale discounts given to the Enterprise Integrator.
- Must be CSIA certified or in-progress toward certification.
The scope of activity for Enterprise Integrators is as follows:
- Customers with many facilities typically located across many countries.
- Customers that specifically state they require a direct relationship with Inductive Automation for sales and support.
- Customers that specifically state they require high bandwidth integration support that cannot be delivered by regional system integrators.
The benefits for Enterprise Integrators are as follows:
- Enterprise Integrators will be listed on a page only for Enterprise Integrators. Free sales engineering support, including: lunch-and-learn opportunities, unique one-on-one program consultation, technical demos, and pilot projects.
- Free technical support (during our normal business hours).
- Eligible to participate in co-marketing efforts with Inductive Automation.
- No-cost certification for staff engineers.
The Enterprise Integrator program is a pilot program, and as such, is subject to refinements or changes at any time without prior notice to enable it to deliver the best results to all involved.
Inductive Automation certification applies only to Inductive Automation products. It excludes certification, for example, on MES products developed by Sepasoft. Strategic partners and third-party module developers may have their own certification programs and policies.
Certification per Physical Location
Integrators with more than one physical location will be granted certification on a per-location basis determined by the certification level of the persons working at each location. Certified persons may only have their name and certification level associated with one physical location at a time.
Any of the conditions listed below may result in the cancellation of an integrator’s status level and/or certification.
- Failing to maintain (per physical location) at least one person certified at the same level as the company certification level. Company certification will drop back to the level of the most highly certified person at the location. If no certified persons remain, the company's status will be lowered to “Registered” status.
- The misrepresentation of an integrator’s current status level and/or certification may result in the loss of their status or decertification.
- Inductive Automation integrators will exhibit professional conduct, courtesy, and decorum toward end-users, other integrators, and Inductive Automation personnel. Violations may result in the decertification of an individual or company and may further result in the loss of their “Registered” status.
- Projects that are poorly implemented by an integrator and result in customer dissatisfaction and which result in Inductive Automation’s direct involvement for resolution of the dissatisfaction may result in the cancellation of an individual or company certification and may further result in the loss of either party’s “Registered” status.
- Integrator Program members must agree to abide by the Inductive Automation Brand Usage Policy. Violations may result in the decertification of an individual or company and may further result in the loss of either party’s “Registered” status.
Required Business-Practice Standards
Integrator Program members must follow a Code of Conduct that is required of every Inductive Automation Integrator as follows:
- Conducting oneself in all circumstances with honesty and diplomacy.
- Working effectively to resolve customer issues regarding Ignition and keeping Inductive Automation up to date on the status and eventual resolution of the problem.
- Treating Inductive Automation as a valued business partner rather than a competitor in the selling of software. For example, every Integrator is expected to respect a pre-existing business relationship between Inductive Automation and an end-user just as Inductive Automation will respect any previously established relationship between an integrator and an end-user. Notwithstanding the above, occasionally end-users demand a direct relationship with Inductive Automation. In this case, the integrator will yield to the end-user’s wishes, keeping foremost in its mind what is best for the end-user.
Note 1 - Qualified Integrators: Qualified integrators are defined as companies in the business of control system integration and who are not end-users of the software.
Note 2 - Certified Integrator Discount: Certified Integrator Discount is a greater discount off the full list price. In order to qualify for this discount, you must submit a current copy of your state(s) resale certificate(s), your account must not be delinquent, and you must provide contact information for the end-user associated with the sale.