FOLSOM, Calif. (October 3, 2016) — Inductive Automation recently named the six recipients of its Ignition Firebrand Awards for 2016. The announcements were made at the Ignition Community Conference (ICC), held September 19-21 in Folsom, Calif.
The Ignition Firebrand Awards recognize system integrators and industrial organizations that use the Ignition software platform to create innovative new projects. Ignition by Inductive Automation® is an industrial applications platform with fully integrated tools for building solutions in human-machine interface (HMI), supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
Ignition is used in more than 100 countries. Its popularity has helped Inductive Automation increase its revenues at an average annual rate of 61 percent over the past six years.
The Ignition Firebrand Awards are presented every year at ICC. The award-winning projects are part of the ICC Discover Gallery, which featured the best 18 Ignition projects submitted by integrators and industrial organizations. Inductive Automation received a record number of entries this year, and saw more innovation than ever before.
"We were extremely impressed with the quality and variety of Discover Gallery entries this year," said Don Pearson, chief strategy officer for Inductive Automation. "It made it very difficult to select the top six. But we were very pleased to see that this year’s Firebrand Award winners represent a deeper level of understanding of the power of Ignition than we’ve ever seen before."
"When you install the Ignition platform, it does nothing on its own," said Travis Cox, co-director of sales engineering for Inductive Automation. "It’s inspiring to see what people can do as they innovate and build these creative and unique applications with Ignition."
These six award winners demonstrated the versatility and power of Ignition:
• Bixby International (Newburyport, Mass.) had one of its managers learn and implement Ignition on his own, creating numerous screens for three plastics extrusion lines, showing real-time data on a number of clients. See the video and other information here.
• HTC High Tech Consultant (Vicenza, Italy) used Ignition to eliminate paper and improve production efficiencies for a large producer of leather products. The solution included the ability to expand Ignition to more than 100 tablets. See the video and other information here.
• Kymera Systems (Leduc, Alberta, Canada) used Ignition to provide an oil company with a highly cost-effective, new SCADA system that worked with numerous types of legacy field devices. See the video and other information here.
• MartinCSI (Plain City, Ohio) used Ignition in a highly creative way to make a realistic training simulation of a water purification system used by the United States Army. See the video and other information here.
• Tyrion Integration Services (Bakersfield, Calif.) used Ignition and message queuing telemetry transport (MQTT) to provide real-time data for testing of oil wells. The project included a cloud-based solution and expanded mobile capabilities. See the video and other information here.
• Vertech (Phoenix, Ariz.; Irvine, Calif.; Nashville, Tenn.) created a White Box with Ignition that can connect to a brewery’s bottling or canning line, unobtrusively, in just one day. The White Box instantly delivers valuable data that brewers were not able to see previously. See the video and other information here.
Information on the 12 Discover Gallery finalists, along with the Firebrand Award winners, can be found here.
About Inductive Automation
Inductive Automation creates industrial software that empowers organizations to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles. By cross-pollinating IT with SCADA technologies, Inductive Automation created Ignition software, the first universal industrial applications platform with unlimited potential. Ignition empowers industrial organizations around the world and in virtually every industry, with an outstanding software platform and top-notch support.
Contact: Jim Meyers
(800) 266-7798 x294
outside U.S.: (916) 456-1045
# # #