Inductive Automation presented the Ignition Firebrand Awards on September 23 at its 2015 Ignition Community Conference in Folsom, Calif. The Ignition Firebrand Awards are given to manufacturers and system integrators for projects that demonstrate highly innovative and effective uses of Ignition, which is a modular, highly flexible software platform for human-machine interface (HMI), supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), and manufacturing execution system (MES) applications.
All finalist and award-winning project overviews and demonstrations are available online at: https://icc.inductiveautomation.com/gallery
The eight Ignition Firebrand Awards are divided into two levels: Silver and Gold.
The four Ignition Firebrand Gold Award winners are:
- Tamaki Control, an industrial automation company based in Auckland, New Zealand, which won for its project for Sinton Dairy (https://icc.inductiveautomation.com/archives/discover-gallery/detail/Tamaki)
- Lafarge, a multinational building-materials company headquartered in Paris, France (https://icc.inductiveautomation.com/archives/discover-gallery/detail/Lafarge)
- ILS Automation, an automation and software solutions provider based in Naperville, Ill., USA, which won for its project in the oil and gas industry. (https://icc.inductiveautomation.com/archives/discover-gallery/detail/ILS)
- MIOS, an M2M products and solutions company based in Aix en Provence, France, which won for its project for Lafarge. (https://icc.inductiveautomation.com/archives/discover-gallery/detail/MIOS)
- Trimax Systems, Inc., a systems integrator based in Brea, Calif., USA, which won for its project in the oil and gas industry. (https://icc.inductiveautomation.com/archives/discover-gallery/detail/Trimax)
- Integrated Automation Limited (IAL), an automation company based in Auckland, New Zealand, which won for its project for Aspect Solutions Ltd. (https://icc.inductiveautomation.com/archives/discover-gallery/detail/Integrated)
- ECS Solutions, a controls and automation company based in Evansville, Ind., USA, which won for its project for Pinnacle Foods (https://icc.inductiveautomation.com/archives/discover-gallery/detail/ECS)
- Cofely – GDF SUEZ, an energy and environmental efficiency services company based in Madrid, Spain (https://icc.inductiveautomation.com/archives/discover-gallery/detail/Cofely)
In presenting the awards, Don Pearson, chief strategy officer of Inductive Automation, said, "Firebrand Award winners have raised the bar for innovation in the global Ignition community by levering the software to change organizations for the better. These companies have earned the name 'Firebrand' by instigating bold new ideas, trailblazing new practices, and being outspoken advocates for Ignition software."
About Ignition:Ignition by Inductive Automation® is a software platform that redefines conventional SCADA with web-based deployment, unlimited licensing, security and stability, real-time control and monitoring, rapid development, and easy expandability. Ignition is used to create custom HMI, SCADA, and MES applications in industries such as food and beverage, oil and gas, packaging, pharmaceuticals, water/waste water, and many others. Ignition is used by 32% of Fortune 100 companies and is installed in enterprises in more than 90 countries.
For more information about Ignition’s SCADA software system, visit: