Inductive Automation presented the annual Ignition Firebrand Awards to eight companies at the 2014 Ignition Community Conference in Folsom, Calif. on Sept. 24. The Ignition Firebrand Awards formally recognize companies that develop and deploy the most innovative and effective uses of Ignition, a modular and highly flexible software platform for human-machine interface (HMI), supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), and manufacturing execution system (MES) applications.
Inductive Automation presented four Ignition Firebrand Gold Awards and four Ignition Firebrand Silver Awards. The four Ignition Firebrand Gold Award winners are:
- Kymera Systems, Inc., a systems integrator based in Drayton Valley, Alberta, Canada
- Trimax Systems, Inc., a systems integrator based in Brea, Calif., USA
- Konnection – A Division of Kasa Industrial Controls, a provider of turnkey industrial control systems, based in Salina, Kan., USA
- Overbridge Technology, a provider of automated data integration, manufacturing execution, and analytic software based in Emmaus, Pa., USA
The four Ignition Firebrand Silver Award winners are:
- X-Wind Power Limited, a maker of advanced vertical-axis wind turbines, based in Kent, England, UK
- Huron Casting, Inc., a producer of shell molded steel castings, based in Pigeon, Mich., USA
- IPG, an engineering firm specializing in MES solutions for factory shop floors, based in Mexico City, Mexico
- ILS Automation, a provider of automation and software solutions, based in Naperville, Ill., USA
Each of the eight companies was awarded for a specific project it completed. The winning projects achieved excellent results such as increasing product yield, affordably uniting several operator interface terminals under a single software solution, and increasing the amount of control and data in the facility.
"Ignition is the most capable, scalable, and affordable SCADA software in the world, and we’re proud to give the Ignition Firebrand Award to industrial organizations and system integrators that have demonstrated the vision and skills to leverage Ignition to its true potential,” said Steve Hechtman, president and CEO of Inductive Automation.
Ignition by Inductive Automation® is a software platform with a variety of HMI / SCADA and manufacturing execution systems (MES) modules that can be mixed and matched to meet the needs of industrial organizations. Ignition is used to create custom HMI, SCADA, and MES applications in industries such as food, beverage, oil, gas, packaging, pharmaceutical, and water/waste water. Currently, 20% of Fortune 500 companies and 30% of Fortune 100 companies use Inductive Automation software.
For more information about Ignition’s SCADA software system, visit www.inductiveautomation.com/scada-software