Design Like a Pro: Graphic Design Tips for Better HMIs
Applying Graphic Design Principles to HMIs & Other Interfaces57 min video / 1 minute read
About this Webinar
Good Human-Machine Interface (HMI) design makes operators more efficient, more connected, and more in control of the processes they’re overseeing. Bad HMI design can have the exact opposite effect. The difference between good and bad HMI design is often a matter of correctly applying some simple yet powerful graphic design principles to create a better HMI user experience.
In this "Design Like a Pro" webinar, learn how to correctly apply basic graphic design principles to create efficient and beautiful HMI designs that operators will love.
User interface design expert Steve Fong and expert HMI/SCADA project developer Travis Cox of Inductive Automation explain and demonstrate simple ways to apply graphic design principles to improve your HMI designs including:
- Improving HMI operators performance by removing clutter
- Creating better screens through the use of grids
- Understanding how to use type to improve readability
- Emphasizing important information using color and contrast
- Quickly building and customizing HMI components