Updated on 05/26/2023
Multiple Positions Available
The Sales Representative supports the Sales team in reaching monthly goals and overall growth company wide. Their primary responsibility is account management and growth. They conduct daily customer outreach to cold and existing leads while maintaining data integrity on contacts, locations and communication in CRM. The Sales Representative utilizes LinkedIn and other sales tools to procure new leads and introduce them to Ignition. They discuss the various Ignition and Strategic Partner modules with customers to assist them on building custom software packages and provide basic demonstrations of the Ignition software. Success in this role will allow Sales Representatives to graduate and move on to the Technical Sales Representative training program.
About UsWho are we?
Champions for industrial automation innovation, we create and deliver solutions that relieve pain points. Driven by a mission statement to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles, we enhance operations with sweet software and infuse integration with easy-peasy processes.
But it’s about more than customers. We celebrate and support our teams who develop the software and deliver solutions. We find that great work-life balance inspires teams to do their best work and empowers people to live their best lives. That's why diversity, fun, and flexibility are ingrained into our work culture.Why Choose Inductive Automation?
Inductive Automation is a remote-first company and will stay that way. People can make a difference anywhere. We provide meaningful work on both established and greenfield projects and leave the "where" part up to you.
Choose to work in our fantastic Folsom, CA headquarters and enjoy views and adventures of the adjacent nature reserve to energize and inspire you. Other in-person perks like food trucks, frequent social activities, ice cream days, and games keep us engaged.
Or, work from anywhere in the U.S. We provide quality equipment for home offices, and honor 40-hour work weeks mindful of your time zone. Professional development and virtual social activities are baked into the schedule to encourage personal growth and team connection.
About the Role
The Sales Representative’s job skills, qualifications, and responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Outreach to new and existing leads and scheduling demos of the software
- Daily cold calls, following up calls, new lead calls, demo request calls
- Conducting product demonstrations
- Providing customer service on licensing, support plan maintenance, module consultation
- Promptly responding to customer emails, voicemails, and all other inquiries
- Capable of working well with coworkers and coming to peaceful resolutions on account issues
- Maintaining a high customer satisfaction level that meets company standards
- Discussing software needs with clients to determine products and solutions to accomplish objectives
- Proactively managing customer satisfaction by anticipating potential problems
- Keeping account data in CRM up-to-date and accurate
- Keeping accurate records of all interactions with customers
- Constructing quotes and generating invoices
- Following up on both expected and expired quotes, keeping pipelines up to date
- Maintaining spreadsheets for support plans and documenting all notes or discrepancies
- Gathering references for customers and information on licenses and use of Ignition
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 2+ years sales experience OR 2+ years of experience working in a customer service role with a minimum of 1 year experience working with Ignition Required:
- General understanding of SCADA, IIoT, Cloud, MES, and PLC products
- Experience with a sales CRM software i.e. Salesforce, Hubspot, Freshsales, etc.
- Excellent communication skills via the phone, email and face to face
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Word/Excel and email platforms i.e. Gmail
- Ability to self-start, motivate others to keep a positive focus on goals and deadlines
- Highly organized with variety of accounts, files and reports
- Able to multi-task and juggle projects for multiple team members, while staying focused and completing goals by their deadlines
- Positive outlook and professional etiquette Preferred:
- Experience conducting product demonstrations
- Relevant industry experience or work with systems integrators
- Proven track record and relevant experience in industrial software sales
Benefits and Perks
- 100% Covered Health Care: Don’t pay a dime for your medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote Flexibility: Work from home, in our beautiful office, or a combination of both. It’s up to you
- Work/Life Balance: Create a work schedule that fits your needs
- Paid Time Off: Receive paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- 401k with Match: Save for the future with our company-matching 401k program
- World-Class Headquarters: While on-site, enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages, then challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard, or foosball
Based on the Sacramento region, the new hires target salary for this role is $70k plus bonus and/or commission.
Inductive Automation’s ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Although it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the position, compensation decisions are dependent on: the facts and circumstances of each case, work location, job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training; and other business and organizational needs.
At this time, we are unable to offer employment for individuals located outside of the United States and/or those who require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). We know you've got a lot of options when seeking an employer where your skills and talents will shine, so we really appreciate that you considered us.
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.
Discover the Perks
It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan—medical, dental and vision.
Find Your Balance
We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that's why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Our kitchen is always fully stocked with water, coffee, tea, soda, and every flavor of La Croix you can imagine.
Flex Your Time
Use flextime to make a schedule that fits your needs.
Start with Fresh Fruit Monday
Get a healthy start to your week by grabbing a piece of fruit in the cafe.
End with Snack Friday
We won’t send you into the weekend hungry, grab a snack in the cafe every Friday afternoon.
From standing desks to collaborative alcoves, find your ideal workspace.
Escape Your Workspace
Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard or foosball.
Every Spring you'll get a Golden Poppy Pass to explore the outdoors and discover 100+ destination parks.
Take in the View
Our new building is located on Lake Natoma in Folsom.
Go for a Ride
Grab an IA bike and hit the American River Parkway—it’s just a few feet from our backdoor.