Inductive Automation, the leader in cutting-edge software for the industrial sector and beyond, is looking to add talented people to our rapidly growing team!
We are a unique, innovative, and fun company with a strong mission: to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles. We have a huge passion for our product and our customers; no matter what role you might play in the company, you can sense that there is something special about what we do and who we are.
We are looking for a Technical Analyst to join our team! The Technical Analyst role is an entry level technical position that is designed to prepare the employee for all potential Technical Pathways within Inductive Automation. This position can be full time or part time. As a Technical Analyst, you get a strong basic knowledge of our product, Ignition, and its subsystems. You will learn about the industrial automation industry and the way that Ignition is used in a variety of sub-industries.
A Technical Analyst will participate in a structured training program that will include Inductive University, in-person training, and passing the Ignition Core Certification test. This role will also participate in a variety of activities that will support the Technical Support Department, while getting a broad experience with the software, associated technologies, and the activities of other departments within Inductive Automation.
- Understand Inductive Automation software, their applications, and features
- Support ticket triage by collecting information from customers about the various issues they are facing
- Learn how to identify different categories of issues and how to prioritize them
- Assist the training department in grading certification tests
- Support ticket research by researching potential bugs or writing effective bug reports
- In progress with a College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar experience
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and OSX Platforms
- Familiarity with programming languages (Java, Python, .NET, similar)
- Familiarity with SQL databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, similar)
- Experience with SQL languages
- General networking experience (routers, switches, subnets, vlan, etc…)
- A broad technical curiosity and proven technical understanding
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.
Discover the Perks
It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan—medical, dental and vision.
Find Your Balance
We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that's why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Our kitchen is always fully stocked with water, coffee, tea, soda, and every flavor of La Croix you can imagine.
Try Food Trucks
Mix up your lunchtime routine when new food trucks stop by every week.
Start with Fresh Fruit Monday
Get a healthy start to your week by grabbing a piece of fruit in the cafe.
End with Snack Friday
We won’t send you into the weekend hungry, grab a snack in the cafe every Friday afternoon.
From standing desks to collaborative alcoves, find your ideal workspace.
Escape Your Workspace
Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard or foosball.
Every Spring you'll get a Golden Poppy Pass to explore the outdoors and discover 100+ destination parks.
Take in the View
Our new building is located on Lake Natoma in Folsom.
Go for a Ride
Grab an IA bike and hit the American River Parkway—it’s just a few feet from our backdoor.
Hit the Gym
Staying healthy is priority—that’s why we cover a portion of your membership to Life Time Fitness.