Inductive Automation Careers
Chances are you’ve never heard of Inductive Automation before today–and that’s okay! But here’s the funny thing: you’re more than likely surrounded by items that our software played an integral role in producing. We’re one of the fastest-growing industrial automation software companies in the world. It’s our mission to create software that swiftly removes obstacles so that our customers can turn their insanely-awesome ideas into reality.
We are looking for a Technical Analyst to join our team! The Technical Analyst role is an entry level technical position that is designed to prepare the employee for all potential Technical Pathways within Inductive Automation. This position can be full time or part time. As a Technical Analyst, you get a strong basic knowledge of our product, Ignition, and it's subsystems. You will learn about the industrial automation industry and the way that Ignition is used in a variety of sub-industries.
A Technical Analyst will participate in a structured training program that will include Inductive University, in-person training, and passing the Ignition Core Certification test. This role will also participate in a variety of activities that will support the Technical Support Department, while getting a broad experience with the software, associated technologies, and the activities of other departments within Inductive Automation.
- Understand Inductive Automation software, their applications, and features
- Support ticket triage by collecting information from customers about the various issues they are facing
- Learn how to identify different categories of issues and how to prioritize them
- Assist the training department in grading certification tests
- Support ticket research by researching potential bugs or writing effective bug reports
- In progress with a College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar experience
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and OSX Platforms
- Familiarity with programming languages (Java, Python, .NET, similar)
- Familiarity with SQL databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, similar)
- Experience with SQL languages
- General networking experience (routers, switches, subnets, vlan, etc…)
- A broad technical curiosity and proven technical understanding
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability.
Verification of US employment eligibility required