Inductive Automation, the leader in cutting-edge software for the industrial sector and beyond, is looking to add talented people to our rapidly growing team!
We are a unique, innovative, and fun company with a strong mission: to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles. We have a huge passion for our product and our customers; no matter what role you might play in the company, you can sense that there is something special about what we do and who we are.
We are looking for passionate and motivated Technical Sales Representatives (TSR). TSR’s work in a territory free sales environment educating customers and prospective customers on our products. They are responsible for identifying new opportunities through prospecting, cold calling, lead generation and probing new and existing accounts.
The perfect candidate will be comfortable leading face to face meetings, doing presentations and demonstrations in front of large groups and have excellent communication skills. They will also have a background/degree in a technical field like Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Engineering. Most importantly they must appreciate cutting edge technology and a forever changing industry.
- Attainment of monthly and yearly sales quotas for making cold calls and web demos
- Daily cold calls, follow up calls, new lead calls, survey calls, demo request calls
- Provide knowledgeable demonstrations of our software, online or in person
- Manage and grow existing customer accounts
- Successfully manage incoming sales inquiries to a “close”
- Create accurate sales proposals and quotes
- Provide first tier of technical support (as defined in our proprietary Help Manual)
- Provide customer service for existing customers
- Keep accurate records of all interactions with customers and accounts
- Must gain a good technical understanding of our industry, software products and other offerings
- Must be able to learn and demo new modules and product offerings
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or a related technical field
- Strong technical background
- Expert in sales techniques with proven ability to negotiate and close deals
- Excellent ability to understand customer needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Must be able to demonstrate proven track record in providing solutions to customers
- Must be able to show the ability to build a book of business
- Skilled in virtual presentations, online web demos and remote sales processes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.
Discover the Perks
It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan—medical, dental and vision.
Find Your Balance
We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that's why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Our kitchen is always fully stocked with water, coffee, tea, soda, and every flavor of La Croix you can imagine.
Try Food Trucks
Mix up your lunchtime routine when new food trucks stop by every week.
Start with Fresh Fruit Monday
Get a healthy start to your week by grabbing a piece of fruit in the cafe.
End with Snack Friday
We won’t send you into the weekend hungry, grab a snack in the cafe every Friday afternoon.
From standing desks to collaborative alcoves, find your ideal workspace.
Escape Your Workspace
Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard or foosball.
Every Spring you'll get a Golden Poppy Pass to explore the outdoors and discover 100+ destination parks.
Take in the View
Our new building is located on Lake Natoma in Folsom.
Go for a Ride
Grab an IA bike and hit the American River Parkway—it’s just a few feet from our backdoor.
Hit the Gym
Staying healthy is priority—that’s why we cover a portion of your membership to Life Time Fitness.