Inductive Automation, a rapidly growing innovator in the industrial automation software industry, has released Ignition v7.8, the latest version of its modular, web-based HMI, SCADA, and MES software platform, Ignition by Inductive Automation®. Ignition v7.8 increases the unmatched functionality, scalability, and value of the Ignition platform with new and enhanced features requested by the Ignition user community.
Ignition v7.8 supports the following new Ignition modules:
- The new Reporting Module, which allows users to build a variety of reports easily, and features automatic scheduling and delivery, powerful query tools, and backwards-compatibility with reports made with the previous version of the Reporting Module.
- The Enterprise Administration Module (EAM), which simplifies the management of large, geographically spread-out architectures by enabling the control and monitoring of multiple Ignition Gateways from a central Gateway.
- The DNP3 Driver Module, which enables the Ignition OPC-UA server to work with the Distributed Network Protocol (DNP3).
- The new SQL Bridge Module, which provides connectivity between OPC data and SQL databases. The tag history capabilities in the previous version of the SQL Bridge Module are now available in the separate Tag Historian Module.
- The Omron NJ Driver (beta), which enables Ignition to communicate with the Omron NJ series of controllers.
Ignition v7.8 also provides 20 additional features requested by the Ignition community, including the Publish Selected option, the integration of the Tag History Splitter into the Tag Historian Module, dynamic roster selection for alarm notification, copy-and-paste bindings, the Maven-enabled developer software development kit (SDK), and others.
About IgnitionIgnition by Inductive Automation® is a software platform that redefines conventional SCADA with web-based deployment, unlimited licensing, security and stability, real-time control and monitoring, rapid development, and easy expandability. Ignition is used to create custom HMI, SCADA, and MES applications in industries such as food and beverage, oil and gas, packaging, pharmaceuticals, water/waste water, and many others. Ignition is used by 32% of Fortune 100 companies and is installed in enterprises in more than 90 countries.
For more information about Ignition’s SCADA software system, visit: inductiveautomation.com/scada-software