Inductive Automation Careers
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Do you have a passion for computers, software, and everything high-tech? We're hiring! Local Software Company is looking for IT information technology inclined, creative, and highly motivated individuals to join our team.
The position of Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer job functions are primarily related to work involving Inductive Automation Software products. You will be working under the guidance of the senior QA developers to actively improve the quality and functionality of Ignition, our commercial software product. This includes performing and validating application builds using an automated build system, and performing application builds on the command line using Gradle.
You will execute automated regression tests against completed builds, and add new automated tests to an existing test suite. The QA Engineer will manually perform regression test functions that cannot be automatically tested, and test new functionality to find bugs. You will also be coordinating releases with Development and Technical Support teams.
We are a growing software company with a passion for our product and a commitment to our customers. Working for a technology company means that everyone can (must!) make a meaningful contribution. It also means that we only hire people who display a passion for what they do, and aren’t afraid to take initiative. Does this sound like your experiential track?
- Perform automated regression tests against completed builds
- Add new manual and automated tests to existing test suites
- Manually perform regression test functions that cannot be automatically tested
- Test new functionality to find bugs & validate added features for releases of Inductive Automation's peripheral software
- Works closely with developers to align information development initiatives with development goals
- Coordinate product releases with development and technical support departments
- Perform and validate application builds using an automated build system; supplementing with routine maintenance
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar
- Must have 2 years of experience in a quality related role
- Strong Java experience - Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE)
- Python programming experience
- Understanding of entire SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle)
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with source control management systems (CVS, Kiln, Git, Mercurial, Subversion)
- Familiarity with SQL databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, similar)
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and OSX Platforms
- Experience with bug tracking systems (Fogbugz, Bugzilla, similar)
- Standard networking technologies
Skills Not Required, But a Plus
- Familiarity with PLC programming
- Experience with tools for quick application deployment (Docker, Vagrant, Terraform, similar)
- Experience with Java-based Web servers (Tomcat, Jetty)
- Experience with Ant, Maven, and Gradle build tools
- Continuous integration build systems and automated testing (Selenium WebDriver)
- Experience with modern development tools (Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA) and collaboration technology (version-control systems
- Experience with Wireshark or network analysis tools
- Familiarity with Manufacturing industry
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin,
sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual
with a disability.
Verification of US employment eligibility required