As a QA Engineer at Inductive Automation you will be working to develop and execute tests against all aspects of Ignition, our flagship software product. You will be responsible for developing, maintaining and executing automated and manual tests, and for reporting on the progress and status of test activities. This will include working directly with a team of developers to verify new and improved features and bug fixes with a variety of testing tools and approaches, including both automated and manual test execution against servers, clients and databases.
About UsWho are we?
Champions for industrial automation innovation, we create and deliver solutions that relieve pain points. Driven by a mission statement to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles, we enhance operations with sweet software and infuse integration with easy-peasy processes.
But it’s about more than customers. We celebrate and support our teams who develop the software and deliver solutions. We find that great work-life balance inspires teams to do their best work and empowers people to live their best lives. That's why diversity, fun, and flexibility are ingrained into our work culture.Why Choose Inductive Automation?
Inductive Automation is a remote-first company and will stay that way. People can make a difference anywhere. We provide meaningful work on both established and greenfield projects and leave the "where" part up to you.
Choose to work in our fantastic Folsom, CA headquarters and enjoy views and adventures of the adjacent nature reserve to energize and inspire you. Other in-person perks like food trucks, frequent social activities, ice cream days, and games keep us engaged.
Or, work from anywhere in the U.S. We provide quality equipment for home offices, and honor 40-hour work weeks mindful of your time zone. Professional development and virtual social activities are baked into the schedule to encourage personal growth and team connection.
- Maintain automated regression tests against completed builds
- Add new manual and automated tests to existing test suites
- Manually perform regression test suites that cannot be automatically tested
- Test new functionality to find bugs & validate added features for releases of Inductive Automation's peripheral software
- Works closely with developers to align quality initiatives with development goals
- Provide clear and concise feedback when doing bug reports or communicating with developers
- Maintain testing tool infrastructure, including various hardware devices and software packages
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar
- At least 2 years of experience in a software testing role
- Understanding of Java platform and Swing/JavaFX applications
- Python programming experience
- Understanding of entire SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle)
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with source control management systems, such as Git
- Experience with setup and querying of SQL databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL, similar)
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and macOS platforms
- Experience with virtualization software (VMWare)
- Experience with bug tracking systems
- Familiarity with common network protocol stacks (TCP/WebSocket, HTTP, IP)
Skills Not Required, But a Plus
- Familiarity with PLC programming and configuration
- Experience with tools for quick application deployment (Docker, Vagrant, similar)
- Exposure to applications that use Java-based Web servers (Tomcat, Jetty)
- Experience with Maven and Gradle build tools
- Configuring Continuous integration/continuous development servers (Jenkins)
- Test Development using Web application testing frameworks (especially Selenium WebDriver)
- Experience with modern development tools (Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA)
- Experience with Wireshark or network analysis tools
- Familiarity with Manufacturing industry
Benefits and Perks
- 100% Covered Health Care: Don’t pay a dime for your medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Remote Flexibility: Work from home, in our beautiful office, or a combination of both. It’s up to you.
- Work/Life Balance: Create a work schedule that fits your needs.
- Paid Time Off: Receive paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
- 401k with Match: Save for the future with our company-matching 401k program
- World-Class Headquarters: While on-site, enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages, then challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard, or foosball
Published rates are based on Sacramento area; pay for remote positions is reviewed & established based on specific location.
Pay rates: (QA Engineer: 105K-120K). (Senior QA Engineer: 120K-155K). Depending on level of experience.
At this time, we are unable to offer employment for individuals located outside of the United States and/or those who require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). We know you've got a lot of options when seeking an employer where your skills and talents will shine, so we really appreciate that you considered us.
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.
Discover the Perks
It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan—medical, dental and vision.
Find Your Balance
We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that's why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Our kitchen is always fully stocked with water, coffee, tea, soda, and every flavor of La Croix you can imagine.
Flex Your Time
Use flextime to make a schedule that fits your needs.
Start with Fresh Fruit Monday
Get a healthy start to your week by grabbing a piece of fruit in the cafe.
End with Snack Friday
We won’t send you into the weekend hungry, grab a snack in the cafe every Friday afternoon.
From standing desks to collaborative alcoves, find your ideal workspace.
Escape Your Workspace
Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard or foosball.
Every Spring you'll get a Golden Poppy Pass to explore the outdoors and discover 100+ destination parks.
Take in the View
Our new building is located on Lake Natoma in Folsom.
Go for a Ride
Grab an IA bike and hit the American River Parkway—it’s just a few feet from our backdoor.
Work from Home
Remote work is available for most of our open positions.