Technical Instructor I
Updated on 03/01/2023
The Tier I Technical Instructor is primarily responsible for leading Ignition training courses both in-office and virtually on a regular basis. They work with training team members on developing and delivering technical course material on the various aspects of the Ignition software, as well as maintaining Ignition certification. The Tier I Technical Instructor also provides technical help throughout the company and may help other departments through various training tasks. Instructors are expected to spend around half of their time leading classes, with fluctuations based on the course schedule.
About UsWho are we?
Champions for industrial automation innovation, we create and deliver solutions that relieve pain points. Driven by a mission statement to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles, we enhance operations with sweet software and infuse integration with easy-peasy processes.
But it’s about more than customers. We celebrate and support our teams who develop the software and deliver solutions. We find that great work-life balance inspires teams to do their best work and empowers people to live their best lives. That's why diversity, fun, and flexibility are ingrained into our work culture.Why Choose Inductive Automation?
Inductive Automation is a remote-first company and will stay that way. People can make a difference anywhere. We provide meaningful work on both established and greenfield projects and leave the "where" part up to you.
Choose to work in our fantastic Folsom, CA headquarters and enjoy views and adventures of the adjacent nature reserve to energize and inspire you. Other in-person perks like food trucks, frequent social activities, ice cream days, and games keep us engaged.
Or, work from anywhere in the U.S. We provide quality equipment for home offices, and honor 40-hour work weeks mindful of your time zone. Professional development and virtual social activities are baked into the schedule to encourage personal growth and team connection.
About the Role
The Technical Instructor I's job skills, qualifications, and responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Delivering Inductive Automation training courses
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of course curriculum and course materials
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Keeping up-to-date with any changes to the Ignition software
- Providing learning resources and guidance to employees throughout the company as needed
- Administering Ignition certification and assisting with any certification issues from IA staff or customers
- Preparing, setting up and cleaning up of classroom both virtual and in-house
- Assisting the technical writing team with tasks such as creating documentation of videos as needed
- Other duties as required by their supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical or Instructional field OR minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Must be able to attend in-person meetings and/or lead in-person classes in our Folsom, CA headquarters regularly
- Experience with classroom and eLearning instructional development or delivery
- Must be able to convey a large variety of technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills, including writing and speaking skills
- Familiarity with a programming language (Python, Java, C++, etc)
- Familiarity with SQL
- Enthusiasm for teaching
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio/video scripts
- Experience with Ignition is a plus
Benefits and Perks
- 100% Covered Health Care: Don’t pay a dime for your medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Remote Flexibility: Work from home, in our beautiful office, or a combination of both. It’s up to you.
- Work/Life Balance: Create a work schedule that fits your needs.
- Paid Time Off: Receive paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
- 401k with Match: Save for the future with our company-matching 401k program
- World-Class Headquarters: While on-site, enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages, then challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard, or foosball
PayPublished rates are based on Sacramento area; pay for remote positions is reviewed & established based on specific location. Depending on level of experience.
At this time, we are unable to offer employment for individuals located outside of the United States and/or those who require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). We know you've got a lot of options when seeking an employer where your skills and talents will shine, so we really appreciate that you considered us.
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.
Discover the Perks
It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan—medical, dental and vision.
Find Your Balance
We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that's why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Our kitchen is always fully stocked with water, coffee, tea, soda, and every flavor of La Croix you can imagine.
Flex Your Time
Use flextime to make a schedule that fits your needs.
Start with Fresh Fruit Monday
Get a healthy start to your week by grabbing a piece of fruit in the cafe.
End with Snack Friday
We won’t send you into the weekend hungry, grab a snack in the cafe every Friday afternoon.
From standing desks to collaborative alcoves, find your ideal workspace.
Escape Your Workspace
Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard or foosball.
Every Spring you'll get a Golden Poppy Pass to explore the outdoors and discover 100+ destination parks.
Take in the View
Our new building is located on Lake Natoma in Folsom.
Go for a Ride
Grab an IA bike and hit the American River Parkway—it’s just a few feet from our backdoor.
Work from Home
Remote work is available for most of our open positions.