We’re looking for a Build and Release Engineer to join our team as a master of packages and containers who always delivers the goods. A key member of the CI/CD pipeline from planning all the way through deployment, you'll collaborate with other skilled engineers to identify technical needs, develop solutions, and deploy them using the latest tools available.
Sure, you’ll use your head to build and maintain the tools, infrastructure, and processes that directly impact our development teams and customers. After all, you’re partly responsible for the full development lifecycle. But you’re a developer at heart, and this is a role in which you’ll craft code aplenty and keep your finger on the pulse of modern software build engineering practices.
About Inductive Automation
Inductive Automation is an innovation company. We are champions for industrial automation software and we believe in building sensible solutions that provide value for our customers.
Our workforce shares a passion for technology. We’re on a collective mission to enhance industrial operations with some sweet software and infuse workplaces with easy-peasy processes. In fact, our mission statement is to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles.
We also care greatly for our teams who develop and deliver those solutions, and we believe they deserve our full support. That's why diversity, fun, and open-mindedness are ingrained into our work culture. We find this work-life balance inspires teams to do their best work and empowers people to live their best lives.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate problem solver who asks a lot of questions and loves bridging the technological gap. To be great in this software build engineer role requires a broad background in web development, container development, software configuration management, and continuous deployment. This includes development experience with modern Java/JVM and publishing packages and artifacts to repositories like Maven Central, Nexus, and NPM.
More than just a build and release engineer job with tech skills, you’ll also need soft skills like strong collaboration communication skills, both verbal and written.
About the Role
Build Engineer’s skills, qualifications, and responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Engineering our build and deployment systems which create and deploy software used by thousands of global users across many different industries
- Contributing to open-source tools that support our product's Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Implementing new features and changes based on industry best practices, with an eye for improving performance, security, and stability
- Working across departments, offering guidance and expertise on build and deployment mechanisms fundamental to organizational success
- Performing code reviews on build and dependency related source code
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and a minimum of 2 years system environment architecture experience or a minimum of 4 years system environment architecture experience
- Excellent communication skills, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with one or more of Java, Kotlin and/or Groovy
- Experience in configuration and use of automated deployment of software systems (e.g., Jenkins, GitHub Actions, etc.)
- Experience in software and library builds in Linux, Mac, and Windows
- Familiarity with administering Linux, Mac, and Windows Systems
- Experience with source control systems (Git)
- An interest in deployment tooling and a software engineering productivity - preferred requirement
- Demonstrable understanding of how Java/JVM and NodeJS source code is turned into distributable artifacts or files
Benefits and Perks
- 100% Covered Health Care: Don’t pay a dime for your medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Remote Flexibility: Work from home, in our beautiful office, or a combination of both. It’s up to you.
- Work/Life Balance: Create a work schedule that fits your needs.
- Paid Time Off: Receive paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
- 401k with Match: Save for the future with our company-matching 401k program
- World-Class Headquarters: While on-site, enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages, then challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard, or foosball
At this time, we are unable to offer employment for individuals located outside of the United States and/or those who require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). We know you've got a lot of options when seeking an employer where your skills and talents will shine, so we really appreciate that you considered us.
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.
Discover the Perks
It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan—medical, dental and vision.
Find Your Balance
We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that's why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Our kitchen is always fully stocked with water, coffee, tea, soda, and every flavor of La Croix you can imagine.
Flex Your Time
Use flextime to make a schedule that fits your needs.
Start with Fresh Fruit Monday
Get a healthy start to your week by grabbing a piece of fruit in the cafe.
End with Snack Friday
We won’t send you into the weekend hungry, grab a snack in the cafe every Friday afternoon.
From standing desks to collaborative alcoves, find your ideal workspace.
Escape Your Workspace
Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard or foosball.
Every Spring you'll get a Golden Poppy Pass to explore the outdoors and discover 100+ destination parks.
Take in the View
Our new building is located on Lake Natoma in Folsom.
Go for a Ride
Grab an IA bike and hit the American River Parkway—it’s just a few feet from our backdoor.
Work from Home
Remote work is available for most of our open positions.