We are looking for a Product Manager II! The Product Manager II oversees the operations of product leadership spanning several or all products sold by Inductive Automation, LLC.
About UsWho are we?
Champions for industrial automation innovation, we create and deliver solutions that relieve pain points. Driven by a mission statement to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles, we enhance operations with sweet software and infuse integration with easy-peasy processes.
But it’s about more than customers. We celebrate and support our teams who develop the software and deliver solutions. We find that great work-life balance inspires teams to do their best work and empowers people to live their best lives. That's why diversity, fun, and flexibility are ingrained into our work culture.Why Choose Inductive Automation?
Inductive Automation is a remote-first company and will stay that way. People can make a difference anywhere. We provide meaningful work on both established and greenfield projects and leave the "where" part up to you.
Choose to work in our fantastic Folsom, CA headquarters and enjoy views and adventures of the adjacent nature reserve to energize and inspire you. Other in-person perks like food trucks, frequent social activities, ice cream days, and games keep us engaged.
Or, work from anywhere in the U.S. We provide quality equipment for home offices, and honor 40-hour work weeks mindful of your time zone. Professional development and virtual social activities are baked into the schedule to encourage personal growth and team connection.
About the Role
The Product Manager II's job skills, qualifications, and responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Leading the charge with the Software Engineering product leadership team in translating product strategy into detailed requirements, designs and prototypes
- Working directly with key stakeholders of the internal Inductive Automation team to obtain technical and customer perspective to identify and develop specifications for key features and new product opportunities
- Representing the company by directly interacting with key customers to gain a deep understanding of customers needs, identifying product gaps, trouble-areas and generating new ideas
- Researching external technologies and competition in order to better position our roadmap
- Conducting research with customers to test/refine new ideas as well as understand strengths/weaknesses of existing features
- Creating buy-in for both internal and external stakeholders through shared knowledge, resulting in improved customer experience and driving growth
- Acting as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding with our customers
- Breaking down the organization of complex projects and implementations into phases that can be effectively specified, designed, developed, tested and deployed
- Attending product area ticket review meetings and brainstorming sessions as needed, to outline documentation, identify requirements etc.
- Using negotiation and patience to collaborate with other senior leaders, ensuring progress and setting the example for others
- Collaborating across teams, departments and divisions as needed, to solve problems, generate ideas and resolve strategic debates
- Staying aware of changes around the company to anticipate and prevent obstacles from hindering team performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with industrial automation software (ex. SCADA)
- Able to communicate complex technical ideas effectively and concisely using written word and diagrams
- Familiarity with agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Ability to accurately and effectively document ideas and specifications
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- 8-12 years of industry experience
- 100% Covered Health Care: Don’t pay a dime for your medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Remote Flexibility: Work from home, in our beautiful office, or a combination of both. It’s up to you.
- Work/Life Balance: Create a work schedule that fits your needs.
- Paid Time Off: Receive paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
- 401k with Match: Save for the future with our company-matching 401k program
- World-Class Headquarters: While on-site, enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages, then challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard, or foosball
- L2: 175-200k
Benefits and Perks
PayPublished rates are based on Sacramento area; pay for remote positions is reviewed & established based on specific location. Depending on level of experience.
At this time, we are unable to offer employment for individuals located outside of the United States and/or those who require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). We know you've got a lot of options when seeking an employer where your skills and talents will shine, so we really appreciate that you considered us.
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.
Discover the Perks
It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan—medical, dental and vision.
Find Your Balance
We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that's why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Our kitchen is always fully stocked with water, coffee, tea, soda, and every flavor of La Croix you can imagine.
Flex Your Time
Use flextime to make a schedule that fits your needs.
Start with Fresh Fruit Monday
Get a healthy start to your week by grabbing a piece of fruit in the cafe.
End with Snack Friday
We won’t send you into the weekend hungry, grab a snack in the cafe every Friday afternoon.
From standing desks to collaborative alcoves, find your ideal workspace.
Escape Your Workspace
Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard or foosball.
Every Spring you'll get a Golden Poppy Pass to explore the outdoors and discover 100+ destination parks.
Take in the View
Our new building is located on Lake Natoma in Folsom.
Go for a Ride
Grab an IA bike and hit the American River Parkway—it’s just a few feet from our backdoor.
Work from Home
Remote work is available for most of our open positions.