Inductive Automation Careers
Software Support Engineer
Chances are you’ve never heard of Inductive Automation before today–and that’s okay! But here’s the funny thing: you’re more than likely surrounded by items that our software played an integral role in producing. We’re one of the fastest-growing industrial automation software companies in the world. It’s our mission to create software that swiftly removes obstacles so that our customers can turn their insanely-awesome ideas into reality.
Being a Software Support Engineer at Inductive Automation is like no other support position. You’ll be an active member of our Technical Staff and working with the product development team. You’ll be working side by side with members of every department to make sure customers have the best experience possible, and are blown away not only by the product, but by the personal attention each one receives.
This is not a traditional technical support role. You’ll be helping talented, technical people in a wide variety of industries, from around the world. Bug in the software? Don’t worry, you won’t be stuck making excuses to the customer, you’ll be working with the development team to get it fixed.
The ideal candidate is someone energized by the possibilities offered by programming but also relishes in social interactions. This is a strategic, challenging and fulfilling position that doesn’t require you to stare at code for hours on end.
- Assist customers with technical questions relating to Inductive Automation’s Ignition and peripheral software
- Utilize creative problem-solving skills to assist in technical troubleshooting and analysis for customer reported issues
- Manage and maintain incoming support tickets and phone calls from customers from receipt through resolution
- Understand Inductive Automation software and their applications & features
- College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar experience
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and OSX Platforms
- Familiarity with programming languages (Java, Python, .NET, similar)
- Familiarity with SQL databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, similar)
- Experience with SQL languages
- General networking experience (routers, switches, subnets, vlan, etc…)
- A broad technical curiosity and proven technical understanding
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin,
sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual
with a disability.
Verification of US employment eligibility required