Inductive Automation Careers
Software Support Engineer
Do you have a passion for computers, software, and everything high-tech? We’re looking for creative and highly motivated individuals to join our Support Engineer team!
Being a Software Support Engineer at Inductive Automation is like no other support position. You’ll be an active member of our Technical Staff, working in the same plush Folsom office with the product development team, with full benefits. You’ll be working side by side with members of every department to make sure customers have the best experience possible, and are blown away not only by the product, but by the personal attention each one receives. This is not a traditional IT support role. You’ll be helping talented, technical people in a wide variety of industries, from around the world. Bug in the software? Don’t worry, you won’t be stuck making excuses to the customer, you’ll be working with the development team to get it fixed.
You will be consistently challenged and engaged. The kinds of problems you’ll be working on are diverse and interesting. This is a real problem solving job, not just repetitive troubleshooting. You’ll be expected to learn things on the fly. You’ll use a constantly changing toolset to solve a constantly changing array of problems.
This is a great job for someone who is energized by the possibilities offered by programming, but also relishes social interaction. This is a strategic, challenging, and fulfilling position that doesn’t require staring at code for hours on end. There’s room for coding in this position, but you don’t have to be a coder to succeed in it.
- Assist customers with technical questions relating to Inductive Automation’s Ignition and peripheral software.
- Utilize creative problem solving skills to assist in technical troubleshooting and analysis for customer reported issues.
- Manage and maintain incoming support tickets and phone calls from customers from receipt through resolution.
- Understand Inductive Automation's software and its applications & features.
- College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and OSX Platforms
- Familiarity with programming languages (Java, Python, .NET, similar)
- Familiarity with SQL databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, similar)
- Experience with SQL languages
- General networking experience (routers, switches, subnets, vlan, etc…)
- Knowledge of basic HTML and web servers (Apache, IIS,CSS, similar)
- A broad technical curiosity and proven technical understanding
- You’ve probably dabbled in a bunch of different languages
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
Additional Skills Not Required, But a Plus
- Experience with CRM database
- Familiarity of Manufacturing industry
- Multi-language, Spanish-speaking a plus
Software technical core training provided
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- Paid vacation
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin,
sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual
with a disability.
Verification of US employment eligibility required