Updated on 05/15/2023
The Corporate Counsel reports to the Director of Legal, and is responsible for collaborating with key business partners in order to help advance strategic corporate initiatives. They work closely with all company divisions, including the sales, security, IT, HR, software development, and marketing, as well as, colleagues across the legal department.
About UsWho are we?
Champions for industrial automation innovation, we create and deliver solutions that relieve pain points. Driven by a mission statement to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles, we enhance operations with sweet software and infuse integration with easy-peasy processes.
But it’s about more than customers. We celebrate and support our teams who develop the software and deliver solutions. We find that great work-life balance inspires teams to do their best work and empowers people to live their best lives. That's why diversity, fun, and flexibility are ingrained into our work culture.Why Choose Inductive Automation?
Inductive Automation is a remote-first company and will stay that way. People can make a difference anywhere. We provide meaningful work on both established and greenfield projects and leave the "where" part up to you.
Choose to work in our fantastic Folsom, CA headquarters and enjoy views and adventures of the adjacent nature reserve to energize and inspire you. Other in-person perks like food trucks, frequent social activities, ice cream days, and games keep us engaged.
Or, work from anywhere in the U.S. We provide quality equipment for home offices, and honor 40-hour work weeks mindful of your time zone. Professional development and virtual social activities are baked into the schedule to encourage personal growth and team connection.
About the Role
The Corporate Counsel’s job skills, qualifications, and responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Providing high-quality, proactive, service- and business-oriented legal advice on a wide variety of legal matters, helping maximize value and mitigate risk
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts, including software license agreements, master services agreements, cloud/SaaS agreements, data processing agreements, vendor contracts and nondisclosure agreements
- Developing templates and providing contracts training to business leaders involved in contract negotiation and management
- Assisting the intellectual property manager as needed to file and prosecute patent and trademark applications
- Working with the Director of Legal and outside counsel as needed in the management of litigation and dispute matters, including intellectual property and contract disputes
- Drafting, reviewing and updating compliance policies and procedures; developing and delivering compliance training to employees
- Collaborating with outside counsel and assisting in the maximization of quality, cost and efficiency of acquired outside legal services
- Collaborating with internal clients on contracting process improvements to facilitate greater consistency and efficiency and drive best practices in overall contract management
- Providing advice and counsel to business leaders and employees in respect to data privacy and regulatory issues, including GDPR and CCPA
RequirementsEducation and Experience:
- JD from an accredited law school
- Member in good standing of the California State Bar
- 7+ years of relevant experience at a law firm or corporate legal department (prior in-house counsel experience strongly preferred)
- Proven track record of reviewing, drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts
- Experience with software license agreements is a plus
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating software license and related agreements
- Experience in one or more additional practice areas relevant to the business is a plus, e.g., intellectual property, labor and employment, technology transactions, data privacy and security, and government and regulatory
- Driven and self-motivated with a passion to learn from your colleagues and collaborate to find practical solutions
- Team focused and collaborative work style; willingness to build expertise and tackle new challenges in an evolving practice
- Exceptional listening and collaboration skills, and effective oral and written communications, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to interact across all levels within Inductive Automation with confidence and diplomacy
- Ability to exercise mature and reliable judgment while enjoying the company’s enthusiastic, informal and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects for a fast-moving and fast-growing business
Benefits and Perks
- 100% Covered Health Care: Don’t pay a dime for your medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote Flexibility: Work from home, in our beautiful office, or a combination of both. It’s up to you
- Work/Life Balance: Create a work schedule that fits your needs
- Paid Time Off: Receive paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- 401k with Match: Save for the future with our company-matching 401k program
- World-Class Headquarters: While on-site, enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages, then challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard, or foosball
Based on the Sacramento region, the new hires minimum and maximum target salary for this role is $188k - $210k.
Inductive Automation’s ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Although it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the position, compensation decisions are dependent on: the facts and circumstances of each case, work location, job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training; and other business and organizational needs.
At this time, we are unable to offer employment for individuals located outside of the United States and/or those who require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). We know you've got a lot of options when seeking an employer where your skills and talents will shine, so we really appreciate that you considered us.
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.
Discover the Perks
It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan—medical, dental and vision.
Find Your Balance
We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that's why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Our kitchen is always fully stocked with water, coffee, tea, soda, and every flavor of La Croix you can imagine.
Flex Your Time
Use flextime to make a schedule that fits your needs.
Start with Fresh Fruit Monday
Get a healthy start to your week by grabbing a piece of fruit in the cafe.
End with Snack Friday
We won’t send you into the weekend hungry, grab a snack in the cafe every Friday afternoon.
From standing desks to collaborative alcoves, find your ideal workspace.
Escape Your Workspace
Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard or foosball.
Every Spring you'll get a Golden Poppy Pass to explore the outdoors and discover 100+ destination parks.
Take in the View
Our new building is located on Lake Natoma in Folsom.
Go for a Ride
Grab an IA bike and hit the American River Parkway—it’s just a few feet from our backdoor.