Director of Sales
Updated on 02/21/2023
We are seeking a Director of Sales that is excited to use their substantial experience in industrial automation to drive sales results at Inductive Automation. The ideal Director of Sales can utilize their strong technical background and ability to build sales strategies to evolve ahead of industry and market evolution. They are focused on building a strong and capable Sales team, building and maintaining industry relationships and using both of these to deliver on the company’s value proposition to the customer and community, all of which will increase sales revenue and meet or exceed company goals.
About UsWho are we?
Champions for industrial automation innovation, we create and deliver solutions that relieve pain points. Driven by a mission statement to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles, we enhance operations with sweet software and infuse integration with easy-peasy processes.
But it’s about more than customers. We celebrate and support our teams who develop the software and deliver solutions. We find that great work-life balance inspires teams to do their best work and empowers people to live their best lives. That's why diversity, fun, and flexibility are ingrained into our work culture.Why Choose Inductive Automation?
Inductive Automation is a remote-first company and will stay that way. People can make a difference anywhere. We provide meaningful work on both established and greenfield projects and leave the "where" part up to you.
Choose to work in our fantastic Folsom, CA headquarters and enjoy views and adventures of the adjacent nature reserve to energize and inspire you. Other in-person perks like food trucks, frequent social activities, ice cream days, and games keep us engaged.
Or, work from anywhere in the U.S. We provide quality equipment for home offices, and honor 40-hour work weeks mindful of your time zone. Professional development and virtual social activities are baked into the schedule to encourage personal growth and team connection.
About the Role
The Director of Sales’ job skills, qualifications, and responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Consistently leading the Sales team to achieve or exceed monthly and yearly sales goals
- Developing and executing a comprehensive sales strategy to drive revenue growth
- Managing and mentoring the Sales team on the skills needed to achieve sales targets, in particular understanding our value proposition and the needs of the market
- Monitoring and reporting on all key sales data, including: orders, revenue and pipeline forecast via CRM tool to ensure goals are met
- Developing and maintaining an accurate sales forecast and pipeline of opportunities
- Identifying and developing new enterprise growth opportunities through both direct and channel sales
- Collaborating with marketing and product development teams to ensure alignment of sales efforts
- Participating in pricing analysis and evolution
- Analyzing market trends, customer feedback, and competitive landscape to inform sales strategy
- Fostering strong relationships with key customers and partners to drive customer loyalty
- Developing and/or maintaining a thorough understanding of the industrial software market, industry trends, and customer needs
- Identifying key accounts and establishing and implementing account plans
- Serving as the primary interface between the Sales team and other company divisions to ensure effective and efficient information flow throughout the company
- Ensuring thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct and training/motivating the Sales team on the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain, computer science, manufacturing information technology or related discipline is required
- Software industry experience required, particularly with Rockwell, Siemens, Wonderware, as well as Ignition
- Experience with pre-sales, direct sales or consulting experience
- Familiarity with manufacturing, SCADA, supply chain concepts, logistics, and interaction with IT and manufacturing systems
- Understanding of core needs of the industry, including edge data collection, HMIs, IIoT, and enterprise solutions
- Experience with both perpetual and SaaS/recurring revenue sales models
- Located or willing to relocate to the Sacramento region
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Benefits and Perks
- 100% Covered Health Care: Don’t pay a dime for your medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Remote Flexibility: Work from home, in our beautiful office, or a combination of both. It’s up to you.
- Work/Life Balance: Create a work schedule that fits your needs.
- Paid Time Off: Receive paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
- 401k with Match: Save for the future with our company-matching 401k program
- World-Class Headquarters: While on-site, enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages, then challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard, or foosball
PayPublished rates are based on Sacramento area; pay for remote positions is reviewed & established based on specific location. Depending on level of experience.
- 160k-250k (base) in addition to sales incentives (bonus)
At this time, we are unable to offer employment for individuals located outside of the United States and/or those who require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). We know you've got a lot of options when seeking an employer where your skills and talents will shine, so we really appreciate that you considered us.
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.
Discover the Perks
It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan—medical, dental and vision.
Find Your Balance
We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that's why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Our kitchen is always fully stocked with water, coffee, tea, soda, and every flavor of La Croix you can imagine.
Flex Your Time
Use flextime to make a schedule that fits your needs.
Start with Fresh Fruit Monday
Get a healthy start to your week by grabbing a piece of fruit in the cafe.
End with Snack Friday
We won’t send you into the weekend hungry, grab a snack in the cafe every Friday afternoon.
From standing desks to collaborative alcoves, find your ideal workspace.
Escape Your Workspace
Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard or foosball.
Every Spring you'll get a Golden Poppy Pass to explore the outdoors and discover 100+ destination parks.
Take in the View
Our new building is located on Lake Natoma in Folsom.
Go for a Ride
Grab an IA bike and hit the American River Parkway—it’s just a few feet from our backdoor.
Work from Home
Remote work is available for most of our open positions.