Software Engineering Group Manager
Updated on 12/27/2022
The role of the Software Engineering Group Manager helps manage multiple Software Engineering teams, typically consisting of 4-12 reports. This role assists with ownership of product or platform features, as well as management for the Software Engineering group. This role must be able to set clear goals, define metrics, and track progress.
About UsWho are we?
Champions for industrial automation innovation, we create and deliver solutions that relieve pain points. Driven by a mission statement to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles, we enhance operations with sweet software and infuse integration with easy-peasy processes.
But it’s about more than customers. We celebrate and support our teams who develop the software and deliver solutions. We find that great work-life balance inspires teams to do their best work and empowers people to live their best lives. That's why diversity, fun, and flexibility are ingrained into our work culture.Why Choose Inductive Automation?
Inductive Automation is a remote-first company and will stay that way. People can make a difference anywhere. We provide meaningful work on both established and greenfield projects and leave the "where" part up to you.
Choose to work in our fantastic Folsom, CA headquarters and enjoy views and adventures of the adjacent nature reserve to energize and inspire you. Other in-person perks like food trucks, frequent social activities, ice cream days, and games keep us engaged.
Or, work from anywhere in the U.S. We provide quality equipment for home offices, and honor 40-hour work weeks mindful of your time zone. Professional development and virtual social activities are baked into the schedule to encourage personal growth and team connection.
About the Role
The Software Engineering Group Manager’s job skills, qualifications, and responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Clarifying ownership and decision making for the development teams
- Ablility to represent and be accountable for the technical output of the dev teams, either through personal experience or strong communication lines with senior engineers
- Attending team planning meetings to monitor and adjust team pace
- Contributing to strategic direction, planning the roadmap, escalating issues, and synthesizing feedback to ensure team success
- Discussing implementation questions or problems encountered by development team members
- Reviewing and providing input on design documents as requested
- Contributing to the public facing forums, helping respond to requests in a timely manner
- Resolving interpersonal and technical conflict within and outside the team
- Responsible for coaching, development, and career management, including performance reviews
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Written communication skills – able to document issues effectively and concisely
- Strong programming skills – using Java and Python
- Familiarity with agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Familiarity with source control management systems such as Github
- Experience with managing software teams of 4 or more employees
- 8 years of industry experience. Degree is helpful but not required
Benefits and Perks
- 100% Covered Health Care: Don’t pay a dime for your medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Remote Flexibility: Work from home, in our beautiful office, or a combination of both. It’s up to you.
- Work/Life Balance: Create a work schedule that fits your needs.
- Paid Time Off: Receive paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
- 401k with Match: Save for the future with our company-matching 401k program
- World-Class Headquarters: While on-site, enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages, then challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard, or foosball
- Software Engineering Group Manager: 150 - 175k
PayPublished rates are based on Sacramento area; pay for remote positions is reviewed & established based on specific location. Depending on level of experience.
At this time, we are unable to offer employment for individuals located outside of the United States and/or those who require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). We know you've got a lot of options when seeking an employer where your skills and talents will shine, so we really appreciate that you considered us.
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.
Discover the Perks
It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan—medical, dental and vision.
Find Your Balance
We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that's why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Our kitchen is always fully stocked with water, coffee, tea, soda, and every flavor of La Croix you can imagine.
Flex Your Time
Use flextime to make a schedule that fits your needs.
Start with Fresh Fruit Monday
Get a healthy start to your week by grabbing a piece of fruit in the cafe.
End with Snack Friday
We won’t send you into the weekend hungry, grab a snack in the cafe every Friday afternoon.
From standing desks to collaborative alcoves, find your ideal workspace.
Escape Your Workspace
Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard or foosball.
Every Spring you'll get a Golden Poppy Pass to explore the outdoors and discover 100+ destination parks.
Take in the View
Our new building is located on Lake Natoma in Folsom.
Go for a Ride
Grab an IA bike and hit the American River Parkway—it’s just a few feet from our backdoor.
Work from Home
Remote work is available for most of our open positions.